How to delete archiving service? - Veritas

This is a discussion on How to delete archiving service? - Veritas ; I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data associated with this service. Can you help me?...

  1. How to delete archiving service?

    I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data
    associated with this service. Can you help me?

  2. Re: How to delete archiving service?

    "Askar" wrote:
    >I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data
    >associated with this service. Can you help me?

    Do you still have this problme? You need to stop the service, edit the service's
    SQL database entry (change a o to a 1 in the "allow Delete" field) and then
    KVS have a pretty good public KB for this: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273284.htm

  3. Re: How to delete archiving service?

    Ok another easy one....

    1) Open Enterprise Manager (SQL)
    2) Expand down to EnterpriseVaultDirectory
    3) Click Tables
    3) locate the ArchivingServiceEntry
    4) Right click "open Table" and select "Return all rows"
    5) change the "ArchivingCanDelete" from 0 to 1
    6) Close SQL
    7) Open Administration Console (Vault)
    8) Expand down to computers
    9) Rigth click and select properties
    10) Select the service you want to remove and select remove.

    Thats it.....

    "Askar" wrote:
    >I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data
    >associated with this service. Can you help me?

  4. Re: How to delete archiving service?

    PS dont forget to clear all the message qeues before removing this service...

    "Askar" wrote:
    >I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data
    >associated with this service. Can you help me?

  5. Re: How to delete archiving service?

    There is a reasonably clear KVS KB for this

    Messy

    "Ian Harris" wrote:

    >PS dont forget to clear all the message qeues before removing this service...
    >
    >"Askar" wrote:
    >>I stopped the service but can not remove it. It says it has some data
    >>associated with this service. Can you help me?

+ Reply to Thread