EV syncronization and archiving problems - Veritas

This is a discussion on EV syncronization and archiving problems - Veritas ; Guys, I had it already running well on Windows 2003SP1 except couple of small problems. After installing MSXML on exchange servers and restarting them mailboxes are not syncronized anymore and archiving does not work. I turned on logging on archiving ...

  1. EV syncronization and archiving problems

    Guys,

    I had it already running well on Windows 2003SP1 except couple of small
    problems. After installing MSXML on exchange servers and restarting them
    mailboxes are not syncronized anymore and archiving does not work.

    I turned on logging on archiving service and found the following errors
    which appear after restarting service. Can someone help me on this? I
    understand there is some connectivity problems between EV and Exchange, but
    can not understand what exactly the problem is.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    Event Category: Trace (Archive Service)
    Event ID: 2448
    Date: 6/29/2005
    Time: 6:20:50 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: KZATKVS01
    4320:AgentMessageDispenser::ActivateObject()
    MAPI error = MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER.
    This is a recoverable error so we will sleep and have another go later. We
    will not update the retry count

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    Event Category: Trace (Archive Service)
    Event ID: 2437
    Date: 6/29/2005
    Time: 6:20:50 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: KZATKVS01
    4320:AgentMessageDispenser::ProcessNextMessage()
    Activate object returned with status AGENTS_E_DISPSLEEP. A worker thread has
    asked the service to sleep for a time period. Setting the current time in
    agent entry and then telling worker threads to sleep. The message will be
    reposted to the end of the queue

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    Event Category: Trace (Archive Service)
    Event ID: 2438
    Date: 6/29/2005
    Time: 6:27:31 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: KZATKVS01
    4208:AgentMessageDispenser::ProcessNextMessage()
    Activate object returned with status AGENTS_E_DISPABORTITEM. The dispenser
    has aborted the processing of the item. This failure will be processed by
    dropping through to the AGENTS_E_DISPABORT case section

  2. Re: EV syncronization and archiving problems

    I forgot to add that after this happened on Windows 2003 SP1 I uninstalled
    EV and rebuilt server to W2K SP4 and now it has the same problem

+ Reply to Thread