Change the service mailbox of archiving service - Veritas

This is a discussion on Change the service mailbox of archiving service - Veritas ; I create an archiving service and specify a mailbox during the creating the service. I would like to change it into another mailbox now. How can I do this? thanks....

  1. Change the service mailbox of archiving service

    I create an archiving service and specify a mailbox during the creating the
    service. I would like to change it into another mailbox now. How can I do
    this? thanks.

  2. Re: Change the service mailbox of archiving service

    That's what I found on EV support site.

    Changing the mailbox to which Enterprise Vault connects:

    A good diagnostic step is to change the mailbox Enterprise Vault uses to
    connect to the Exchange System to an existing mailbox that you know does not
    have any issues.

    You can alter the mailbox by running a SQL script as follows:

    1. Stop all the Services dealing with this particular Exchange Server
    (Archiving, Retrieval etc)

    2. Log in SQL Query Analyser and paste the script below into the Query
    Window

    3. Alter @@connectto and @@ExchangeServer variables as appropriate for your
    system

    4. Press to execute the script

    5. Restart the services you stopped in the first step

    =========

    declare @@connectto as varchar(100)
    declare @@ExchangeServer as varchar(100)

    --Alter these two values as appropriate
    set @@connectto = 'EnterpriseVault-EVDEMO@kvs.local'
    set @@ExchangeServer = 'EVDEMO'

    USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
    Update ArchivingServiceEntry set SystemMailbox=@@ConnectTo where
    ExchangeServer=@@ExchangeServer
    Update RetrievalServiceEntry set SystemMailbox=@@ConnectTo where
    ExchangeServer=@@ExchangeServer
    Update JournalingServiceEntry set SystemMailbox=@@ConnectTo where
    ExchangeServer=@@ExchangeServer
    Update PublicFolderServiceEntry set SystemMailbox=@@ConnectTo where
    "Andrew" wrote in message news:42c27eb0@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > I create an archiving service and specify a mailbox during the creating

    the
    > service. I would like to change it into another mailbox now. How can I do
    > this? thanks.

+ Reply to Thread