Can not restore archieved items! - Veritas

This is a discussion on Can not restore archieved items! - Veritas ; Non of my users can restore items held in the vault. Has anyone a solution for this? I have rebooted the server, and stopped/started the services....

  1. Can not restore archieved items!

    Non of my users can restore items held in the vault. Has anyone a solution
    for this?
    I have rebooted the server, and stopped/started the services.

  2. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Maybe you can check the connection between exchange and enterprise vault. Is
    there any port blocked so email cannot be retrieved.

    "Phil" wrote in message news:42c1c35b@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Non of my users can restore items held in the vault. Has anyone a solution
    > for this?
    > I have rebooted the server, and stopped/started the services.

  3. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Have you installed Retrieval service? Have you tried to do it under
    Administrator account?
    "Andrew" wrote in message news:42c27ef2@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Maybe you can check the connection between exchange and enterprise vault.

    Is
    > there any port blocked so email cannot be retrieved.
    >
    > "Phil" wrote in message news:42c1c35b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > >
    > > Non of my users can restore items held in the vault. Has anyone a

    solution
    > > for this?
    > > I have rebooted the server, and stopped/started the services.

  4. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Yes this was workign just fine until Monday evening. I have tried all levels
    of permissions.
    to add to the mystery, some of the items that I was (testing) retrieving
    showed up in the "restored items" folder several hours later. not all just
    3 out of 10 messages.

    "Askar" wrote:
    >Have you installed Retrieval service? Have you tried to do it under
    >Administrator account?
    >"Andrew" wrote in message news:42c27ef2@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> Maybe you can check the connection between exchange and enterprise vault.

    >Is
    >> there any port blocked so email cannot be retrieved.
    >>
    >> "Phil" wrote in message news:42c1c35b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> >
    >> > Non of my users can restore items held in the vault. Has anyone a

    >solution
    >> > for this?
    >> > I have rebooted the server, and stopped/started the services.

  5. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    "Phil" wrote:

    >Yes this was workign just fine until Monday evening. I have tried all levels
    >of permissions.
    >to add to the mystery, some of the items that I was (testing) retrieving
    >showed up in the "restored items" folder several hours later. not all just
    >3 out of 10 messages.

    I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have migrated
    800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on the
    desktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two users
    on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    won't be able to restore.

  6. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    check the client's Internet Explorer settings. See if there are any differences.

  7. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Hi,

    you should check that you didn't leave the system in read-only mode. Check
    if you've still got the enablerestore registry key set. Perhaps that's set
    to 0 still.

    "Erik" wrote in message

    > I just about shot myself because of a similar situation. I'm not sure what
    > finally worked but I deleted the forms, cleared the cache, and did a
    > reinstall
    > and it finally worked.
    >

    > "Baldish" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Phil" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Yes this was workign just fine until Monday evening. I have tried all
    >>>levels
    >>>of permissions.
    >>>to add to the mystery, some of the items that I was (testing) retrieving
    >>>showed up in the "restored items" folder several hours later. not all
    >>>just
    >>>3 out of 10 messages.

    >>I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have
    >>migrated
    >>800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    >>a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    >> We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on the

    > esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    >>indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two users
    >>on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    >>won't be able to restore.

  8. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    "Baldish" wrote:

    >"Phil" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yes this was workign just fine until Monday evening. I have tried all levels
    >>of permissions.
    >>to add to the mystery, some of the items that I was (testing) retrieving
    >>showed up in the "restored items" folder several hours later. not all just
    >>3 out of 10 messages.

    >I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have migrated
    >800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    >a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    > We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on the

    esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    >indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two users
    >on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    >won't be able to restore.

  9. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Hi Phil.

    So how did you resolve it in the end?

    "Phil" wrote in message news:42dd5370@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I finally broke down and called tech support. They had no logic for what
    > happened
    > other than to many people were trying to restore to many items at one
    > time.
    > There were somewhere aroudn 200 items in Queue. 200 items is to many?
    >
    > I am a firm believer that the Enterprise Vault software is the worst
    > software
    > I have ever encountered.
    >

    > "Erik" wrote:
    >>
    >>I just about shot myself because of a similar situation. I'm not sure what
    >>finally worked but I deleted the forms, cleared the cache, and did a
    >>reinstall
    >>and it finally worked.

    > levels

    > just
    >>>

    >>>I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have

    > migrated
    >>>800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    >>>a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    >>> We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on the

    >>esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    >>>indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two
    >>>users
    >>>on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    >>>won't be able to restore.

  10. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    "Erik" wrote:

    >I just about shot myself because of a similar situation. I'm not sure what
    >finally worked but I deleted the forms, cleared the cache, and did a reinstall
    >and it finally worked.
    >

    >"Baldish" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Phil" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Yes this was workign just fine until Monday evening. I have tried all

    levels
    >>>of permissions.
    >>>to add to the mystery, some of the items that I was (testing) retrieving
    >>>showed up in the "restored items" folder several hours later. not all

    just
    >>>3 out of 10 messages.

    >>I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have

    migrated
    >>800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    >>a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    >> We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on the

    >esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    >>indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two users
    >>on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    >>won't be able to restore.

  11. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    Guys,

    This almost certainly won't help but you never know --> IE pop-up blockers
    (i.e. Google) can prevent restore kicking in.

    Phil --> this Support Board is the worst piece of software I've ever encountered

    "seb" wrote:
    >Hi Phil.
    >
    >So how did you resolve it in the end?
    >

    >"Phil" wrote in message news:42dd5370@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> I finally broke down and called tech support. They had no logic for what

    >> happened
    >> other than to many people were trying to restore to many items at one

    >> time.
    >> There were somewhere aroudn 200 items in Queue. 200 items is to many?
    >>
    >> I am a firm believer that the Enterprise Vault software is the worst
    >> software
    >> I have ever encountered.
    >>

    >> "Erik" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I just about shot myself because of a similar situation. I'm not sure

    what
    >>>finally worked but I deleted the forms, cleared the cache, and did a
    >>>reinstall
    >>>and it finally worked.

    >> levels

    >> just

    >> migrated

    the
    >>>esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs

  12. Re: Can not restore archieved items!

    If users can't restore they generally try again and have several attempts
    queued up.

    Try getting a dtrace (of storagerestore, retrievalservice, storageonlineopns)
    and client trace of the process, and send those, screenshots and the app
    log to support, that will help them discern what is going on.

    Of course it could be a simple thing like forgetting to enable the services
    post-backup.

    Bag

    "Phil" wrote:

    >I finally broke down and called tech support. They had no logic for what

    happened
    >other than to many people were trying to restore to many items at one time.
    >There were somewhere aroudn 200 items in Queue. 200 items is to many?
    >
    >I am a firm believer that the Enterprise Vault software is the worst software
    >I have ever encountered.
    >

    >"Erik" wrote:
    >>
    >>I just about shot myself because of a similar situation. I'm not sure what
    >>finally worked but I deleted the forms, cleared the cache, and did a reinstall
    >>and it finally worked.

    >levels

    >just
    >>>

    >>>I've run into the same issue too. We have an ongoing project and have

    >migrated
    >>>800 users over to archiving and majority of the users are fine but there
    >>>a pockets of people who just cannot seem to restore items from the vault.
    >>> We've tried clearing forms cache, disabling the personal firewall on

    the

    >>esktop as well as disableing antivirus. There is nothing in the logs to
    >>>indicate that there are permissions issues or exchange issues as two users
    >>>on the same exchange server and one will be able to restore and the other
    >>>won't be able to restore.

+ Reply to Thread