Blackberry with EV - Veritas

This is a discussion on Blackberry with EV - Veritas ; Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?...

  1. Blackberry with EV

    Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?

  2. Re: Blackberry with EV

    "Andrew" wrote:
    >Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?

    Can't see how this would work, the normal shortcuts won't work because they
    require the add-in software to function. The universal shortcuts might work
    (in theory) assuming you allow browsing but it would be full of problems
    such as passing through the right userid & being able to properly display
    the message that is returned. A good question for product development, if
    they worked with RIM then perhaps something nicer could be possible.

  3. Re: Blackberry with EV

    "Andrew" wrote:
    >Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?

    No

  4. Re: Blackberry with EV

    "Andrew" wrote:
    >Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?

    Why would it need to?
    Surely, either -
    The blackberry server sends the email to the handheld as soon as it arrives
    in the mailbox.
    If the copy in the mailbox gets archived, the copy on the handheld is still
    available

    Or -
    the handheld is off when the message arrives so the B/B server can't forward
    it. The handheld is switched on after the EV server is set to archive. The
    B/B server can still forward it because the message hasn't been read yet
    and therefoer won't have been archived

    Or -
    the handheld is off when the message arrives so the B/B server can't forward
    it.
    The user connects to the LAn and reads the message online.
    The message gets archived
    When the handheld is switched on again, the B/B server wouldn't try to forward
    the message because it doesn't forward read messages anyway

    Under what circumstances would a B/B handheld be trying to access an archived
    message?

  5. Re: Blackberry with EV

    To answer the question "Under what circumstances would a B/B handheld be trying
    to access an archived message?".
    When the message is forwarded to the Blackberry, the handheld does not receive
    the entire message, it just receives the first 1K and does not receive any
    attachments. It is only if the user actually reads the message on the handheld
    and requests the attachments that the Blackberry will then need to re-find
    the message to get the rest of the data. So inthis case the Blackberry
    will need to access "old" messages which might have been archived.

    "Mike Rowley" wrote:

    >"Andrew" wrote:
    >>Can Blackberry retrieve or view archived email?
    >>

    >Why would it need to?
    >Surely, either -
    >The blackberry server sends the email to the handheld as soon as it arrives
    >in the mailbox.
    >If the copy in the mailbox gets archived, the copy on the handheld is still
    >available
    >
    >Or -
    >the handheld is off when the message arrives so the B/B server can't forward
    >it. The handheld is switched on after the EV server is set to archive. The
    >B/B server can still forward it because the message hasn't been read yet
    >and therefoer won't have been archived
    >
    >Or -
    >the handheld is off when the message arrives so the B/B server can't forward
    >it.
    >The user connects to the LAn and reads the message online.
    >The message gets archived
    >When the handheld is switched on again, the B/B server wouldn't try to forward
    >the message because it doesn't forward read messages anyway
    >
    >Under what circumstances would a B/B handheld be trying to access an archived
    >message?

  6. Re: Blackberry with EV

    Blackberry function is on my list to investigate (but it's a big list and
    this is far from at the top!) Don't know much about bberry but thinkthe
    solution would be either use OWA or find a way to http to the html rendered
    messages...

    I *think* attachments are rendered for display on the bberry server so I'm
    not at all optimstic about the latter... OWA looks the best bet -- can you
    owa on a bberry?

+ Reply to Thread