Deleted KVS mailbox problem - Veritas

This is a discussion on Deleted KVS mailbox problem - Veritas ; I recently made a mistake while using the PST migrater and and decided that the best thing to do is delete the KVS mailbox. When i tried to re-enable the mailbox the user was not listed in "new mailboxes" or ...

  1. Deleted KVS mailbox problem

    I recently made a mistake while using the PST migrater and and decided that
    the best thing to do is delete the KVS mailbox. When i tried to re-enable
    the mailbox the user was not listed in "new mailboxes" or "Disables Mailboxes"
    list. Errr how strange. Does anyone now whats happened the the maibox or
    how to get it to show its self.

    Also as far as KVS is concerned the mailbox is still there sort off. I know
    this as when i go to the KVS Vault Archiving service and select a mailbox
    to synchronize in the list of mailboxes to sync is my mailbox that i cannot
    see in the "mailboxes" section.

    Any ideas as this is driving me mad.?

    Many thanks.

    Dean

  2. Re: Deleted KVS mailbox problem

    Dont worrie about it i worked it out. What happens is that even though you
    have deleted the kvs mailbox and removed all achived information the maibox
    as far as kvs is concerned is still enabled. To add the mailbox back on you
    must first click the button to disble mailboxes. select the one you want.
    (the one you deleetd) and follow the instructions.

    Once the mailbox has been disables you can then go to the enable button and
    select "disbaled items" and the mailbox you deleted will show. Folow the
    screens which is normally just next, next , next . Once the maibox has been
    re-enabled you will see the mailbox re-appear as it once was. Yippy :-)

    Dean

    "Dean" wrote:

    >I recently made a mistake while using the PST migrater and and decided that
    >the best thing to do is delete the KVS mailbox. When i tried to re-enable
    >the mailbox the user was not listed in "new mailboxes" or "Disables Mailboxes"
    >list. Errr how strange. Does anyone now whats happened the the maibox or
    >how to get it to show its self.
    >
    >Also as far as KVS is concerned the mailbox is still there sort off. I know
    >this as when i go to the KVS Vault Archiving service and select a mailbox
    >to synchronize in the list of mailboxes to sync is my mailbox that i cannot
    >see in the "mailboxes" section.
    >
    >Any ideas as this is driving me mad.?
    >
    >Many thanks.
    >
    >Dean