OWA Formregistration Problems - Veritas

This is a discussion on OWA Formregistration Problems - Veritas ; EV 4.0 CP6 to EV 5.0 SP4. Outlook archiving and retrieving works fine. I have problems with the OWA configuration. I installed the software as in the document EVconfigExchange.pdf described. We set the registry keys at the right place. There ...

  1. OWA Formregistration Problems

    EV 4.0 CP6 to EV 5.0 SP4.
    Outlook archiving and retrieving works fine. I have problems with the OWA
    configuration. I installed the software as in the document EVconfigExchange.pdf
    described. We set the registry keys at the right place. There is an error
    within this pdf file for the OwaWepAppAlias key. We installed them in the
    ..Install directory, the right place. But I have error messages during the
    setup. ADO conection not possible...
    Can anybody give me a tip?
    Thanks Gerd

  2. Re: OWA Formregistration Problems

    ok its a permission error try the below

    Create a new account that has full Exchange permission make sure its not
    part of any other groups, then try and run the scripts again. depending on
    your network setup also try login on the ROOT domain and try and install
    them again.

    There is a script you can run I check for you and post the script.

    PS OWA in a 2003 Cluster does not work !!!

    "Gerd Bussmann" wrote:

    >EV 4.0 CP6 to EV 5.0 SP4.
    >Outlook archiving and retrieving works fine. I have problems with the OWA
    > configuration. I installed the software as in the document EVconfigExchange.pdf
    >described. We set the registry keys at the right place. There is an error
    >within this pdf file for the OwaWepAppAlias key. We installed them in the
    >..Install directory, the right place. But I have error messages during the
    >setup. ADO conection not possible...
    >Can anybody give me a tip?
    >Thanks Gerd

  3. Re: OWA Formregistration Problems

    ...I should clarify my last remark...I should have said OWA does not 'appear'
    to work in a Exchange 2003 Back End Cluster.

    Ian.

    "Ian" wrote:

    >ok its a permission error try the below
    >
    >Create a new account that has full Exchange permission make sure its not
    >part of any other groups, then try and run the scripts again. depending

    on
    >your network setup also try login on the ROOT domain and try and install
    >them again.
    >
    >There is a script you can run I check for you and post the script.
    >
    >PS OWA in a 2003 Cluster does not work !!!
    >

    >"Gerd Bussmann" wrote:
    >>
    >>EV 4.0 CP6 to EV 5.0 SP4.
    >>Outlook archiving and retrieving works fine. I have problems with the OWA
    >> configuration. I installed the software as in the document EVconfigExchange.pdf
    >>described. We set the registry keys at the right place. There is an error
    >>within this pdf file for the OwaWepAppAlias key. We installed them in

    the
    >>..Install directory, the right place. But I have error messages during

    the
    >>setup. ADO conection not possible...
    >>Can anybody give me a tip?
    >>Thanks Gerd

  4. Re: OWA Formregistration Problems

    Ian,

    Clarification to your clarificatioin :-) When you speak of OWA not working
    in a E2K3 BE cluster... do you mean OWA itself (at all) or Enterprise Vault
    OWA extensions?

    I am currently having issues with an install of EV SP4 OWA extensions and
    would like to know.

    Cheers
    Stuart

    "Ian Harris" wrote:

    >...I should clarify my last remark...I should have said OWA does not 'appear'
    >to work in a Exchange 2003 Back End Cluster.
    >
    >Ian.
    >

    >"Ian" wrote:
    >>
    >>ok its a permission error try the below
    >>
    >>Create a new account that has full Exchange permission make sure its not
    >>part of any other groups, then try and run the scripts again. depending

    >on
    >>your network setup also try login on the ROOT domain and try and install
    >>them again.
    >>
    >>There is a script you can run I check for you and post the script.
    >>
    >>PS OWA in a 2003 Cluster does not work !!!
    >>

    >>"Gerd Bussmann" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>EV 4.0 CP6 to EV 5.0 SP4.
    >>>Outlook archiving and retrieving works fine. I have problems with the

    OWA
    >>> configuration. I installed the software as in the document EVconfigExchange.pdf
    >>>described. We set the registry keys at the right place. There is an error
    >>>within this pdf file for the OwaWepAppAlias key. We installed them in

    >the
    >>>..Install directory, the right place. But I have error messages during

    >the
    >>>setup. ADO conection not possible...
    >>>Can anybody give me a tip?
    >>>Thanks Gerd