Outlook Errors with HTML email - Veritas

This is a discussion on Outlook Errors with HTML email - Veritas ; When our users try to reply or forward an email in Outlook (2000 or 2003) that has been formatted with HTML (and contains at attachment or embedded object) we get an Outlook error and must close and re-open Outlook. The ...

  1. Outlook Errors with HTML email

    When our users try to reply or forward an email in Outlook (2000 or 2003)
    that has been formatted with HTML (and contains at attachment or embedded
    object) we get an Outlook error and must close and re-open Outlook. The
    only thing that we have found that fixes the problem is to uncheck the Outlook
    Email Option Preference "Close original message on reply or forward". Are
    other sites having the same problem or found a fix? We are using EV 5.0
    SP4 but we can reproduce in earlier versions. Thanks

  2. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    Hi Steve,
    what is the Outlook error do you get ? can you send it or post to this thread ?

    Peter

    On 24/06/2005 "S Lewis" wrote:

    >When our users try to reply or forward an email in Outlook (2000 or 2003)
    >that has been formatted with HTML (and contains at attachment or embedded
    >object) we get an Outlook error and must close and re-open Outlook. The
    >only thing that we have found that fixes the problem is to uncheck the Outlook
    >Email Option Preference "Close original message on reply or forward". Are
    >other sites having the same problem or found a fix? We are using EV 5.0
    >SP4 but we can reproduce in earlier versions. Thanks

  3. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    Peter,

    The error message is different depending on the version of Outlook. In Outlook
    2000 you get the error as soon as you hit Reply or Forward and it reads:
    "Outlook.exe has generated error and will be closed by windows. You need
    to restart the program"

    Dr Watson logs report: FAULT ->3a4a4f12 8b08 mov ecx,[eax]
    ds:00000000=????????

    In Outlook 2003 you get the error after you close Outlook and you get the
    error
    window with the following information:

    AppName: Outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.XX
    ModName: Valkyrie.dll ModVer: 5.0.4.5947
    ModStamp: 424ab55
    fDebug:0 offset:00090506

    This problem is unquie to items that have been vaulted (i.e .DVS file) and
    not items
    that are in the information store (i.e. .MSG file). If you restore an item
    the problem goes away. You can natively open the .DVS file and see the problem,
    open the same file as .MSG and not see the problem. I think it has to do
    with the way EV is closing their form and throwing an error when it has an
    embedded object. Veritas Support has had this issue for over two weeks.
    I am surprised that this is not being reported by more sites.

    ?

    >Peter
    >

    >On 24/06/2005 "S Lewis" wrote:
    >>
    >>When our users try to reply or forward an email in Outlook (2000 or 2003)
    >>that has been formatted with HTML (and contains at attachment or embedded
    >>object) we get an Outlook error and must close and re-open Outlook. The
    >>only thing that we have found that fixes the problem is to uncheck the

    Outlook
    >>Email Option Preference "Close original message on reply or forward".

    Are
    >>other sites having the same problem or found a fix? We are using EV 5.0
    >>SP4 but we can reproduce in earlier versions. Thanks

  4. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    When our users try to reply or forward an email in Outlook (2000 or 2003)
    that has been formatted with HTML (and contains at attachment or embedded
    object) we get an Outlook error and must close and re-open Outlook. The
    only thing that we have found that fixes the problem is to uncheck the Outlook
    Email Option Preference "Close original message on reply or forward". Are
    other sites having the same problem or found a fix? We are using EV 5.0
    SP4 but we can reproduce in earlier versions. Thanks
    I'm always workng with outlook emails,but yesterday I had a very unpleasant situation. Several emails were lost and I didn't know what to do next. But by sheer chance I entered the Internet and observed there -After use this program I was discouraged,because of it restored my emails quite rapidly and for free as far as I remembered. Besides this tool showed me some of its abilities and after that I advised it my friends and they were glad it.

  5. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    When I make a project coding html than I face very big problem about somethings error shows....

  6. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    Hello guy's I'm always working with outlook emails,but yesterday I had a very unpleasant situation. Several emails were lost and I didn't know what to do next. But by sheer chance I entered the Internet and observed there -After use this program I was discouraged,because of it restored my emails quite rapidly and for free as far as I remembered.

  7. Re: Outlook Errors with HTML email

    . the following message with my Yahoo accounts and also my partners. We both use Outlook Express and have done for ...without issue. I have verified my email address repeatedly but after sending...couple of emails i get the same error all over again... Is this just...com/l/us/yahoo/edit/alternate_emů Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server...

+ Reply to Thread