Use policy manager to set one day archiving rule for a specified mailbox - Veritas

This is a discussion on Use policy manager to set one day archiving rule for a specified mailbox - Veritas ; Bascially a company would use one month to act as the mailbox rule during archiving. However, I would like to set another policy for a spcified person who has a different mailbox rule length, such as one week. So, I've ...

  1. Use policy manager to set one day archiving rule for a specified mailbox

    Bascially a company would use one month to act as the mailbox rule during
    archiving. However, I would like to set another policy for a spcified person
    who has a different mailbox rule length, such as one week. So, I've created
    the following file as Unicode to use with EVPM. But it seems does not work,
    please give comment if someone has experience in using EVPM.

    [Directory]
    directorycomputername = kvs2k3.kvs2003.com
    sitename = sp4

    [Mailbox]
    DistinguishedName = /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative
    Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user

    [Filter]
    Name = age
    CreateShortcut = true
    DeleteOriginal = true
    UnreadMail = true
    UseInactivityPeriod = true
    InactivityUnits = Days
    InactivityPeriod = 0
    ALargeItemThresholdUnits = Days
    ALargeItemThresholdPeriod = 0

    [Folder]
    Name = Inbox
    filtername = age

  2. Re: Use policy manager to set one day archiving rule for a specified mailbox

    take this one it works:

    [directory]
    directorycomputername = archive.kvs-demo.corp
    sitename = My Site

    ;;************************************************ *************************
    ; Filter section
    ; Creating a filter that will archive all items older than 3 weeks
    ;************************************************* ************************
    [Filter]
    name = oneweek
    CreateShortcut = true
    DeleteOriginal = true
    unreadMAIL= true
    InactivityUnits = weeks
    InactivityPeriod = 1
    UseInactivityPeriod = true
    ;************************************************* ************************
    ; Mailbox section
    ;LDAP query that will select all mailboxes
    ;************************************************* ************************
    [MAILBOX]
    distinguishedName = /o=My Org/ou=First Administrative
    Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Administrator
    ;************************************************* ************************
    ; Folder section
    ;;************************************************ *************************
    [Folder]
    name = mailboxroot
    filtername = oneweek
    OverrideArchiveLocks = true

    it will ignore the site settings and archive the user admistrator wit one week
    filter. pay attention, it works on the mailbox and subfolders, if you want a
    specific folder use this syntax:

    [Folder]
    name = \inbox
    filtername = oneweek
    OverrideArchiveLocks = true

    Peter

    On 20/06/2005 "Andrew" wrote:
    >Bascially a company would use one month to act as the mailbox rule during
    >archiving. However, I would like to set another policy for a spcified person
    >who has a different mailbox rule length, such as one week. So, I've created
    >the following file as Unicode to use with EVPM. But it seems does not work,
    >please give comment if someone has experience in using EVPM.
    >
    >[Directory]
    >directorycomputername = kvs2k3.kvs2003.com
    >sitename = sp4
    >

    >[Mailbox]
    >DistinguishedName = /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative
    >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user
    >
    >[Filter]
    >Name = age
    >CreateShortcut = true