Shopping Service Event ID:5122 Error - Veritas

This is a discussion on Shopping Service Event ID:5122 Error - Veritas ; Has anybody got any ideas about this problem? This Event no. 5122 is occuring about 11 times every minute in event viewer and I think it is stopping the Vault services about 3 times a day. The description says "Failed ...

  1. Shopping Service Event ID:5122 Error

    Has anybody got any ideas about this problem?
    This Event no. 5122 is occuring about 11 times every minute in event viewer
    and I think it is stopping the Vault services about 3 times a day. The
    description says "Failed to update the restoration status of a restoring
    item". I have no idea what is causing this. Apart the this EV works quite
    well!

    Shirley Moody

  2. Re: Shopping Service Event ID:5122 Error

    "Shirley Moody" wrote:

    >Has anybody got any ideas about this problem?
    >This Event no. 5122 is occuring about 11 times every minute in event viewer
    >and I think it is stopping the Vault services about 3 times a day. The
    >description says "Failed to update the restoration status of a restoring
    >item". I have no idea what is causing this. Apart the this EV works quite
    >well!
    >
    >Shirley Moody

    We've seen this before on a small scale and then it more recently it was
    a major problem, the eventlog was getting saturated with 5122's and after
    10,000 events the EV admin service detects the flood and kindly stops all
    EV services. We escalted this and here's the answer, as you guessed.....a
    reg fix; as is normal now days with KVS (since the Veritas thing) when you
    spot a product defect the support group won't normally escalate to development
    but you'll need to ask for an RFE (enhancement) by going to http://enhancement.veritas.com.

    Description of the Event ID 5122:

    When items are restored using the Web Access application, a basket is maintained
    with details of the items and the state of the restoration.

    If Enterprise Vault cannot update the basket then Event ID 5122 will be logged.
    Possible reason for this could be Shopping Basket has been deleted.

    If Enterprise Vault fails to update the basket then shopping service will
    keep on trying to do the same job and also resulting in logging Event ID
    5122 in the application log. The fix is to add the following reg key .....it
    seems to work and we've not had more errors.

    HKLM\Software\KVS\Enteprise Vault\Agents\UpdateShoppingBasketNoRequeue

    when set to 1 means failed updates to baskets are not re-attempted hence
    shopping Service will not keep on logging Event ID 5122.

    I hope this fixes your problem.

    Regards
    Glenn

  3. Re: Shopping Service Event ID:5122 Error

    Much oblige for reply - eventually the "5122" did stop sometime over the weekend.

    Glenn" wrote:

    >"Shirley Moody" wrote:
    >>
    >>Has anybody got any ideas about this problem?
    >>This Event no. 5122 is occuring about 11 times every minute in event viewer
    >>and I think it is stopping the Vault services about 3 times a day. The
    >>description says "Failed to update the restoration status of a restoring
    >>item". I have no idea what is causing this. Apart the this EV works quite
    >>well!
    >>
    >>Shirley Moody

    >We've seen this before on a small scale and then it more recently it was
    >a major problem, the eventlog was getting saturated with 5122's and after
    >10,000 events the EV admin service detects the flood and kindly stops all
    >EV services. We escalted this and here's the answer, as you guessed.....a
    >reg fix; as is normal now days with KVS (since the Veritas thing) when you
    >spot a product defect the support group won't normally escalate to development
    >but you'll need to ask for an RFE (enhancement) by going to http://enhancement.veritas.com.
    >
    >Description of the Event ID 5122:
    >
    >When items are restored using the Web Access application, a basket is maintained
    >with details of the items and the state of the restoration.
    >
    >If Enterprise Vault cannot update the basket then Event ID 5122 will be

    logged.
    >Possible reason for this could be Shopping Basket has been deleted.
    >
    >If Enterprise Vault fails to update the basket then shopping service will
    >keep on trying to do the same job and also resulting in logging Event ID
    >5122 in the application log. The fix is to add the following reg key .....it
    >seems to work and we've not had more errors.
    >
    >HKLM\Software\KVS\Enteprise Vault\Agents\UpdateShoppingBasketNoRequeue
    >
    >when set to 1 means failed updates to baskets are not re-attempted hence
    >shopping Service will not keep on logging Event ID 5122.
    >
    >I hope this fixes your problem.
    >
    >Regards
    >Glenn

+ Reply to Thread