mail archiving for "non exchange" - Veritas

This is a discussion on mail archiving for "non exchange" - Veritas ; Hi Jay! Today no other mail systems are supported. Version 6.0 that is to come within the next couple of months will have support for Lotus Domino journaling (Available in V6 SP1 - Q3Y05). However - migrating PSTs directly into ...

  1. Re: mail archiving for "non exchange"

    Hi Jay!

    Today no other mail systems are supported.

    Version 6.0 that is to come within the next couple of months will have support
    for Lotus Domino journaling (Available in V6 SP1 - Q3Y05).

    However - migrating PSTs directly into archive is supported - but i don't
    think you will be able to create the archive without archive-enabling an
    Exchange mailbox.

    Basically the product is for Exchange, SharePoint and NTFS. Pretty
    MS-oriented!

    For other products work-arounds might partially work but they would be rather
    unsupported.

    Curious question - what mail-client would you be using - since mentioning PST
    - is it Outlook - or Outlook Express?

    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  2. Re: mail archiving for "non exchange"

    Wait - I might be mistaken just saw this:
    Features: SMTP Support policy-based archiving of email and attachments in
    SMTP based email systems.
    I will look into this!
    Anyone else know more?
    Rgds
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  3. mail archiving for "non exchange"

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to know if it is possible to archive mail using Evault but not
    based on Windows Exchange??? in our case, we don't have an Exchange server
    but another mail server based on unix and we need to archive PST files on
    client side.

  4. Re: mail archiving for "non exchange"

    "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >Wait - I might be mistaken just saw this:
    >Features: SMTP =09Support policy-based archiving of email and attachments

    in
    >SMTP based email systems.
    >I will look into this!
    >Anyone else know more?
    >Rgds
    >Peter Nilsson
    >
    >On 15/06/2005 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >>Hi Jay!
    >>
    >>Today no other mail systems are supported.
    >>
    >>Version 6.0 that is to come within the next couple of months will have

    >support
    >>for Lotus Domino journaling (Available in V6 SP1 - Q3Y05).
    >>
    >>However - migrating PSTs directly into archive is supported - but i don't

    >>think you will be able to create the archive without archive-enabling an

    >>Exchange mailbox.
    >>
    >>Basically the product is for Exchange, SharePoint and NTFS. Pretty
    >>MS-oriented!
    >>
    >>For other products work-arounds might partially work but they would be

    rather
    >>unsupported.
    >>
    >>Curious question - what mail-client would you be using - since mentioning

    PST
    >>- is it Outlook - or Outlook Express?
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>Peter Nilsson
    >>

    >>On 15/06/2005 "JAY C." wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>>I would like to know if it is possible to archive mail using Evault but

    not
    >>>based on Windows Exchange??? in our case, we don't have an Exchange server
    >>>but another mail server based on unix and we need to archive PST files

    on
    >>>client side.

    >--
    >Regards
    >Peter Nilsson
    >
    >(Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    >browser)

    Let me add my view on this.

    There's no reason why you can't use the PST migrator to archive your PSTs
    into the vault, you can even leave the shortcuts in the PST; you could also
    use the archive explorer or IE search tools. You don't strictly speaking
    need an Exchange mailbox but it certainly makes the whole process more easy
    for the end user to access the archived items. But, of course ongoing you
    wouldn't easily be able to archive email from your PST's it's a very batch
    orientated process and not that straight forward to automate. So you could
    do an intitial "hit" and grab your PST's into the vault but doing this on
    an ongoing basis would be tricky. I'm aware of the SMTP connector but thought
    this is more for third parties (such as Mailsweeper) to use to archive email
    at point of entry/exit via SMTP gateways.

    Glenn

  5. Re: mail archiving for "non exchange"

    It isn't possible. Only for Exchange and in the future for Lotus Notes

    "JAY C." wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I would like to know if it is possible to archive mail using Evault but

    not
    >based on Windows Exchange??? in our case, we don't have an Exchange server
    >but another mail server based on unix and we need to archive PST files on
    >client side.

+ Reply to Thread