Outlook 2000 Sp3 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Outlook 2000 Sp3 - Veritas ; All- I have a user who cannot access any of his archived attachments, I have tried a reinstall of the client, sync of the vault, restarting the vault services and still have not had any success. This user is running ...

  1. Outlook 2000 Sp3

    All-

    I have a user who cannot access any of his archived attachments, I have
    tried a reinstall of the client, sync of the vault, restarting the vault
    services and still have not had any success. This user is running Windows
    2000 Sp4 with Office 2000 Sp3, if you need any further information let me
    know.

    Thanks,

    Exchangeadmin@sanantonio.gov

  2. Re: Outlook 2000 Sp3

    Do you have any error message ?any events logged in the EV application log ?
    Did you try with the web application ?
    Peter

    On 13-Jun-05 "Chris Martinez" wrote:
    >All-
    >
    > I have a user who cannot access any of his archived attachments, I have
    >tried a reinstall of the client, sync of the vault, restarting the vault
    >services and still have not had any success. This user is running Windows
    >2000 Sp4 with Office 2000 Sp3, if you need any further information let me
    >know.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Exchangeadmin@sanantonio.gov

  3. Re: Outlook 2000 Sp3

    Some suggestions about Troubleshooting
    1 - Give your own account rights to his Vault and verify that you can access
    them.
    2 - Try from client machine to access Vault by using ArchivExplorer logged in
    as client - and if there are problems also logged on as your account.
    3 - Look in troubleshooting UI from client for helpful info - ctrl-shift-click
    EV-button in Outlook.
    4 - Delete file frmcache.dat (wherever you can find it on clients PC) and
    restart Outlook.
    For further guide in troubleshooting - search down in this forum for useful
    thread: "Re: No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar"
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  4. Re: Outlook 2000 Sp3

    I have followed the steps described and I see an ERROR -REF:80040154 Create
    Connection. on the users machine. I however can access the vault store from
    my machine fine.

    Thanks,

    Chris
    "Peter Nilsson" wrote in message
    > Some suggestions about Troubleshooting
    > 1 - Give your own account rights to his Vault and verify that you can
    > access
    > them.
    > 2 - Try from client machine to access Vault by using ArchivExplorer logged
    > in
    > as client - and if there are problems also logged on as your account.
    > 3 - Look in troubleshooting UI from client for helpful info -
    > ctrl-shift-click
    > EV-button in Outlook.
    > 4 - Delete file frmcache.dat (wherever you can find it on clients PC) and
    > restart Outlook.
    > For further guide in troubleshooting - search down in this forum for
    > useful
    > thread: "Re: No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar"
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >

    > On 13/06/2005 "Peter Ayoun" wrote:
    >>
    >>Do you have any error message ?any events logged in the EV application log
    >>?
    >>Did you try with the web application ?
    >>Peter
    >>

    >>On 13-Jun-05 "Chris Martinez" wrote:
    >>>All-
    >>>
    >>> I have a user who cannot access any of his archived attachments, I
    >>> have
    >>>tried a reinstall of the client, sync of the vault, restarting the vault
    >>>services and still have not had any success. This user is running
    >>>Windows
    >>>2000 Sp4 with Office 2000 Sp3, if you need any further information let me
    >>>know.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Exchangeadmin@sanantonio.gov
    >>>

    > --
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    > browser)

+ Reply to Thread