indexing and searches - Veritas

This is a discussion on indexing and searches - Veritas ; I am testing doing a search by a $ sign. I am recieving full items display. If I do a search for a Yen sign I am not recieving the message that I know have the symbol. Any ideas?...

  1. indexing and searches

    I am testing doing a search by a $ sign. I am recieving full items display.
    If I do a search for a Yen sign I am not recieving the message that I know
    have the symbol. Any ideas?

  2. Re: indexing and searches

    Have you tried also with quotation marks?
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  3. Re: indexing and searches

    We had the same issue with the $ sign, and I was told by KVS support that
    the searches do not handle speecial characters well. We wound up pulling
    that from our hotword sets

    "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >Have you tried also with quotation marks?
    >Regards
    >Peter Nilsson
    >
    >On 10/06/2005 "Jay" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am testing doing a search by a $ sign. I am recieving full items display.
    >>If I do a search for a Yen sign I am not recieving the message that I know
    >>have the symbol. Any ideas?

    >--
    >Regards
    >Peter Nilsson
    >
    >(Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    >browser)

+ Reply to Thread