Vault Store Usage - access denied - Veritas

This is a discussion on Vault Store Usage - access denied - Veritas ; Hi When I run the "Vault Store Usage" report from Admin. console. I only see and get is "access denied" in all the value cells in the Report tabel. I've had our DBA scheck the DB for failures and all ...

  1. Vault Store Usage - access denied

    Hi

    When I run the "Vault Store Usage" report from Admin. console.

    I only see and get is "access denied" in all the value cells in the Report
    tabel.

    I've had our DBA scheck the DB for failures and all he can see if all
    successfull logins and connections to the EV databases.

    Any ideas on what might be wrong ?

    Thanks

    Regards
    Peter Schmidt

  2. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    Who are you logged in as when you run the usage report? EnterpriseVault
    service account?

    If you are, and have this problem it looks like IE security settings are wrong.

    Some functions in EV use computernames and some uses fqdns. Ensure you have
    added every possible name of every possible other server in
    IE/Security/LocalSites on all servers - both EV and Exchange.

    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  3. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    Hi Peter

    Yes, I'm using the EV service account and I've the FQDN of the EA server
    within Security - Trusted Sites,
    but it still doesn't work.

    /Peter

    "Peter Nilsson" wrote in message
    > Who are you logged in as when you run the usage report? EnterpriseVault
    > service account?
    >
    > If you are, and have this problem it looks like IE security settings are

    wrong.

    > Some functions in EV use computernames and some uses fqdns. Ensure you

    have
    > added every possible name of every possible other server in
    > IE/Security/LocalSites on all servers - both EV and Exchange.
    >
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >

    > On 2005-06-10 "Peter Schmidt" wrote:
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >When I run the "Vault Store Usage" report from Admin. console.
    > >
    > >I only see and get is "access denied" in all the value cells in the

    Report
    > >tabel.
    > >
    > >I've had our DBA scheck the DB for failures and all he can see if all
    > >successfull logins and connections to the EV databases.
    > >
    > >Any ideas on what might be wrong ?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Regards
    > >Peter Schmidt
    > >

    > --
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    > browser)

  4. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    Why trusted sites? - Aren't the in Local Intranet? If so - put them in Local
    Intranet in IE / Security.

    And you also have just the computername? (like i said - you will need both in
    different situations.)

    And you have both fqdn and computername of all exchange servers in IE/local
    Intranet of vaultserver?

    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  5. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    I used to have te same issue, but if you use the url : http://servername/enterprisevault/usage.asp
    outside the MMC it works. Maybe it's a problem with the security context
    with the mmc runs. check the file security of the usage.asp.

    "Peter Schmidt" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >When I run the "Vault Store Usage" report from Admin. console.
    >
    >I only see and get is "access denied" in all the value cells in the Report
    >tabel.
    >
    >I've had our DBA scheck the DB for failures and all he can see if all
    >successfull logins and connections to the EV databases.
    >
    >Any ideas on what might be wrong ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Regards
    >Peter Schmidt

  6. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    It's also worth checking this out:
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  7. Re: Vault Store Usage - access denied

    Hi

    Problem solved by adding the EA servers FQDN to Local security settings.

    Thanks

    > Why trusted sites? - Aren't the in Local Intranet? If so - put them in

    Local
    > Intranet in IE / Security.
    >
    > And you also have just the computername? (like i said - you will need both

    in
    > different situations.)
    >
    > And you have both fqdn and computername of all exchange servers in

    IE/local
    > Intranet of vaultserver?
    >
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > On 2005-06-10 "Peter Schmidt" wrote:
    > >Hi Peter
    > >
    > >Yes, I'm using the EV service account and I've the FQDN of the EA server
    > >within Security - Trusted Sites,
    > >but it still doesn't work.
    > >

    > >/Peter
    > >
    > >"Peter Nilsson" wrote in message
    > >> Who are you logged in as when you run the usage report? EnterpriseVault
    > >> service account?
    > >>
    > >> If you are, and have this problem it looks like IE security settings

    are
    > >wrong.
    > >>
    > >> Some functions in EV use computernames and some uses fqdns. Ensure you

    > >have
    > >> added every possible name of every possible other server in
    > >> IE/Security/LocalSites on all servers - both EV and Exchange.
    > >>
    > >> Regards
    > >> Peter Nilsson

    > >Report

    > >> --
    > >> Regards
    > >> Peter Nilsson
    > >>
    > >> (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    > >> browser)
    > >>

    > --
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    > browser)

+ Reply to Thread