Archive Explorer performance - Veritas

This is a discussion on Archive Explorer performance - Veritas ; In documentation, it always said Archive Explorer needed to be deployed as pilot at first. Actually, what is the performance issue about it?...

  1. Archive Explorer performance

    In documentation, it always said Archive Explorer needed to be deployed as
    pilot at first. Actually, what is the performance issue about it?

  2. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    Hi!
    Never had any performance issues with ArchiveExplorer- I really don't see how
    one could investigate performance in pilot. The issue must be how much users
    are navigating in Explorer to find stuff - and that will vary a lot between
    companies depending on what kind of users you have - and how you set your
    policies. Archive everything older than 2 weeks = much archive exploring.
    Archive everything older than 12 months = little archive exploring.
    The interesting thing would be to have different desktopsettings.txt for
    different users to give some but not all the archiveexplorer-button.
    Haven't tried to send it out as regular shortcuts - but that could be done
    individually.
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  3. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    On 10/06/2005 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >Hi!
    >Never had any performance issues with ArchiveExplorer- I really don't see how
    >one could investigate performance in pilot. The issue must be how much users
    >are navigating in Explorer to find stuff - and that will vary a lot between
    >companies depending on what kind of users you have - and how you set your
    >policies. Archive everything older than 2 weeks = much archive exploring.
    >Archive everything older than 12 months = little archive exploring.
    >The interesting thing would be to have different desktopsettings.txt for
    >different users to give some but not all the archiveexplorer-button.
    >Haven't tried to send it out as regular shortcuts - but that could be done
    >individually.
    >Regards
    >Peter Nilsson
    >
    >On 2005-06-10 "Andrew" wrote:
    >>In documentation, it always said Archive Explorer needed to be deployed as
    >>pilot at first. Actually, what is the performance issue about it?

    Guys,

    Have you read the " Enterprise Vault Performance Guide V5.pdf" ? if not, you
    should, before running with the Archive explorer. if you need it , just email
    me.

  4. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    On 10/06/2005 "peter" wrote:
    >On 10/06/2005 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >>Hi!
    >>Never had any performance issues with ArchiveExplorer- I really don't see

    how
    >>one could investigate performance in pilot. The issue must be how much users
    >>are navigating in Explorer to find stuff - and that will vary a lot between
    >>companies depending on what kind of users you have - and how you set your
    >>policies. Archive everything older than 2 weeks = much archive exploring.
    >>Archive everything older than 12 months = little archive exploring.
    >>The interesting thing would be to have different desktopsettings.txt for
    >>different users to give some but not all the archiveexplorer-button.
    >>Haven't tried to send it out as regular shortcuts - but that could be done
    >>individually.
    >>Regards
    >>Peter Nilsson
    >>
    >>On 2005-06-10 "Andrew" wrote:
    >>>In documentation, it always said Archive Explorer needed to be deployed as
    >>>pilot at first. Actually, what is the performance issue about it?
    >>>

    >Guys,
    >
    >Have you read the " Enterprise Vault Performance Guide V5.pdf" ? if not, you
    >should, before running with the Archive explorer. if you need it , just email
    >me.

    Hello Peter!

    Really would like that document - pls send it to my address above - or post it
    in this thread!
    Sending this as email also.

    Thx!

    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  5. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    On 13-Jun-05 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >On 10/06/2005 "peter" wrote:
    >>On 10/06/2005 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:
    >>>Hi!
    >>>Never had any performance issues with ArchiveExplorer- I really don't see

    >how
    >>>one could investigate performance in pilot. The issue must be how much

    users
    >>>are navigating in Explorer to find stuff - and that will vary a lot between
    >>>companies depending on what kind of users you have - and how you set your
    >>>policies. Archive everything older than 2 weeks = much archive exploring.
    >>>Archive everything older than 12 months = little archive exploring.
    >>>The interesting thing would be to have different desktopsettings.txt for
    >>>different users to give some but not all the archiveexplorer-button.
    >>>Haven't tried to send it out as regular shortcuts - but that could be done
    >>>individually.
    >>>Regards
    >>>Peter Nilsson

    >>Guys,
    >>
    >>Have you read the " Enterprise Vault Performance Guide V5.pdf" ? if not,

    you
    >>should, before running with the Archive explorer. if you need it , just

    email
    >>me.

    >Hello Peter!
    >
    >Really would like that document - pls send it to my address above - or post

    it
    >in this thread!
    >Sending this as email also.
    >
    >Thx!
    >
    >Peter Nilsson

  6. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    On 13/06/2005 "Peter Ayoun" wrote:
    >On 13-Jun-05 "Peter Nilsson" wrote:

    >>how

    >users

    between

    as

    >>>Guys,
    >>>
    >>>Have you read the " Enterprise Vault Performance Guide V5.pdf" ? if not,

    >you
    >>>should, before running with the Archive explorer. if you need it , just

    >email
    >>>me.

    >>Hello Peter!
    >>
    >>Really would like that document - pls send it to my address above - or post

    >it
    >>in this thread!
    >>Sending this as email also.
    >>
    >>Thx!
    >>
    >>Peter Nilsson

    Thx a lot!
    Rgds
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  7. Re: Archive Explorer performance

    thx a lot

    "Peter Nilsson" bl news:42ad6345@ROSASTDMZ05. g...
    > On 13/06/2005 "Peter Ayoun" wrote:

    see
    > >>how

    > >users

    > between

    your

    exploring.

    for

    done

    deployed
    > as

    not,
    > >you

    > >email
    > >>
    > >>Hello Peter!
    > >>
    > >>Really would like that document - pls send it to my address above - or

    post
    > >it
    > >>in this thread!
    > >>Sending this as email also.
    > >>
    > >>Thx!
    > >>
    > >>Peter Nilsson
    > >>

    > Thx a lot!
    > Rgds
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Peter Nilsson
    >
    > (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    > browser)

+ Reply to Thread