DCOM errors in the vault - Veritas

This is a discussion on DCOM errors in the vault - Veritas ; Hello There, Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving DCOM errros in KVS v5.0 CP2 from shutting down my vaut?I've soken to Veritas and they don't know how to fix it....

  1. DCOM errors in the vault

    Hello There,

    Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving DCOM errros in KVS v5.0 CP2 from
    shutting down my vaut?I've soken to Veritas and they don't know how to fix
    it.

  2. Re: DCOM errors in the vault

    When i get those errors, i check and make sure that no calendar items have
    been accepted in my journal mailbox. If they are there i delete them and
    the errors stop. Weird...

    "Lloyd Carby" wrote:

    >Hello There,
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving DCOM errros in KVS v5.0 CP2 from
    >shutting down my vaut?I've soken to Veritas and they don't know how to fix
    >it.

  3. Re: DCOM errors in the vault

    On 07/06/2005 "Lloyd Carby" wrote:

    >Hello There,
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving DCOM errros in KVS v5.0 CP2 from
    >shutting down my vaut?I've soken to Veritas and they don't know how to fix
    >it.

    If everything works fine with EV you can ignore safely these errors, they are
    OS related only. If you are familiar with DCOM , you can reset the permission
    by running "dcomcnfg", and the DCOM errors will go away. but do it carefully !

    BTW, Are you running Windows 2003 ? if so, do not install SP1. it's not
    supported by veritas.

+ Reply to Thread