Password prompt on XP - Veritas

This is a discussion on Password prompt on XP - Veritas ; Hello: I have a user here on XP who cannot access his vaulted email. Whenever he clicks on a vaulted item, a prompt comes up to enter his username and password, even though he is already logged on to his ...

  1. Password prompt on XP

    Hello:

    I have a user here on XP who cannot access his vaulted email. Whenever he
    clicks on a vaulted item, a prompt comes up to enter his username and password,
    even though he is already logged on to his machine. The thing is, he can
    logon to another w2kp machine and retrieve vaulted items just fine.

    I have tried wiping his local profile and uninstalling and re-installing
    the vault client to no avail.

  2. Re: Password prompt on XP

    "Steve Roach" wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I have a user here on XP who cannot access his vaulted email. Whenever

    he
    >clicks on a vaulted item, a prompt comes up to enter his username and password,
    >even though he is already logged on to his machine. The thing is, he can
    >logon to another w2kp machine and retrieve vaulted items just fine.
    >
    >I have tried wiping his local profile and uninstalling and re-installing
    >the vault client to no avail.

    Is the EV server's domain in the list of trusted or Intranet sites, the reason
    for the pop up is most likely that IE isn't detecting the EV servers as internal
    and is therefore not passing through the user's domain credentials. I've
    also seen a similar issue if you're using a proxy server but again this can
    be fixed with the correct config files to ensure that your client knows they
    can always connect directly to the EV and not go via the proxy.

    Hope this helps
    Glenn

  3. Re: Password prompt on XP

    Glen:

    I should have mentioned that we are using Outlook 2003. Have you any information
    about that? Thanks for your help!

    "Glenn" wrote:

    >"Steve Roach" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>I have a user here on XP who cannot access his vaulted email. Whenever

    >he
    >>clicks on a vaulted item, a prompt comes up to enter his username and password,
    >>even though he is already logged on to his machine. The thing is, he can
    >>logon to another w2kp machine and retrieve vaulted items just fine.
    >>
    >>I have tried wiping his local profile and uninstalling and re-installing
    >>the vault client to no avail.

    >Is the EV server's domain in the list of trusted or Intranet sites, the

    reason
    >for the pop up is most likely that IE isn't detecting the EV servers as

    internal
    >and is therefore not passing through the user's domain credentials. I've
    >also seen a similar issue if you're using a proxy server but again this

    can
    >be fixed with the correct config files to ensure that your client knows

    they
    >can always connect directly to the EV and not go via the proxy.
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >Glenn

  4. Re: Password prompt on XP

    On 07/06/2005 "Steve Roach" wrote:

    >Glen:
    >
    >I should have mentioned that we are using Outlook 2003. Have you any

    information
    >about that? Thanks for your help!

    Hi!

    I've completed several instllations with WinXP and Outlook2003 - no problems
    there.

    Since the user can access his items from another PC the back-end works fine

    I agree with Glenn - most likely the problem is about InternetExplorer
    Security settings. Even if you use Outlook-klient the security settings in IE
    are important.

    Next possible problem - the computer might be in another domain - if so:
    check trusts.

    To troubleshoot also use EnterpriseVault utility -
    ctrl-shift-click-EV-button-in-toolbar.

    You have also the option to temporarily disable XP-firewall while
    troubleshooting...

    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    --
    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

    (Btw: Sophax2 is a really good news client instead of using the web-
    browser)

  5. Re: Password prompt on XP

    I too am experiencing the same issue with all my users. We are using Windows
    XP with Outlook 2003 and everytime a user wants to access their archive it
    prompts them to login to our Vault server.

    They are all in the same domain and we don't use a proxy

    "Steve Roach" wrote:

    >Glen:
    >
    >I should have mentioned that we are using Outlook 2003. Have you any information
    >about that? Thanks for your help!
    >

    >"Glenn" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Steve Roach" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hello:
    >>>
    >>>I have a user here on XP who cannot access his vaulted email. Whenever

    >>he
    >>>clicks on a vaulted item, a prompt comes up to enter his username and

    password,
    >>>even though he is already logged on to his machine. The thing is, he

    can
    >>>logon to another w2kp machine and retrieve vaulted items just fine.
    >>>
    >>>I have tried wiping his local profile and uninstalling and re-installing
    >>>the vault client to no avail.

    >>Is the EV server's domain in the list of trusted or Intranet sites, the

    >reason
    >>for the pop up is most likely that IE isn't detecting the EV servers as

    >internal
    >>and is therefore not passing through the user's domain credentials. I've
    >>also seen a similar issue if you're using a proxy server but again this

    >can
    >>be fixed with the correct config files to ensure that your client knows

    >they
    >>can always connect directly to the EV and not go via the proxy.
    >>
    >>Hope this helps
    >>Glenn

+ Reply to Thread