Performances - Veritas

This is a discussion on Performances - Veritas ; Hallo, We are planing an expession of our Vault Site and I would like to know how many Exchange server I can configure per Vault server AND what ist the relevant factor : CPU oder disk writing IO. Thanks a ...

  1. Performances

    Hallo,
    We are planing an expession of our Vault Site and I would like to know how
    many Exchange server I can configure per Vault server AND what ist the relevant
    factor : CPU oder disk writing IO.
    Thanks a lot your answer wouls helo us to decide if we implement more than
    one vault server in the site.

  2. Re: Performances

    Hi!

    I say it's CPU that counts. Especially during the Archiving rounds.

    Of course a 2x3.4GHz new server can outperform a 4x1GHz old server so it's not
    just how many CPU's but CPU performance overall.

    I once set up 9 Exchange servers to a EnterpriseVault server without problem -
    thas my personal record for one EV server!

    How many servers do you need to handle?

    One thing that gets messy with many servers are the UI in Admin Console
    concerning services. Every Exchange server adds 2 services.

    When you have +20 services in the window it gets hard to handle - but that's
    just admbi problems - not a technical issue.

    Of course - to specifically say some thing about your setup, the amount of
    data and the number of servers etc. must be taken into consideration.

    Regards
    Peter Nilsson

  3. Re: Performances

    "minkamau" wrote:
    >As far as I learn in training, you can add as many you want. Just the server

    physically resources will be the limit.

    >Hallo,
    >We are planing an expession of our Vault Site and I would like to know how
    >many Exchange server I can configure per Vault server AND what ist the relevant
    >factor : CPU oder disk writing IO.
    >Thanks a lot your answer wouls helo us to decide if we implement more than
    >one vault server in the site.

+ Reply to Thread