Deleted Items folder is archiving - Veritas

This is a discussion on Deleted Items folder is archiving - Veritas ; My deleted items folder in Outlook is being archived without the registry key being set. Any ideas?...

  1. Deleted Items folder is archiving

    My deleted items folder in Outlook is being archived without the registry
    key being set.
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Deleted Items folder is archiving

    "EV News Group" wrote:
    >My deleted items folder in Outlook is being archived without the registry

    >key being set.
    >Any ideas?

    I've seen several of my mailboxes also being archived without the registry
    key. We run Exchange 5.5 and 2003, and I have noticed some differences between
    the two. I have a theory that Exchange 5.5 does NOT archive deleted items
    by default, and Exchange 2003 does. Of all the mailboxes we have on 5.5,
    none of them have archived deleted items, while the handful that I've checked
    on 2003 do.

    I've been trying to get this verified by Veritas tech support, but all I've
    heard from them for weeks is the sound of crickets. Their support is really
    bad.

    Have you figured anything out on this?

  3. Re: Deleted Items folder is archiving

    "Chris" wrote:

    >"EV News Group" wrote:
    >>My deleted items folder in Outlook is being archived without the registry

    >>key being set.
    >>Any ideas?
    >>

    >I've seen several of my mailboxes also being archived without the registry
    >key. We run Exchange 5.5 and 2003, and I have noticed some differences

    between
    >the two. I have a theory that Exchange 5.5 does NOT archive deleted items
    >by default, and Exchange 2003 does. Of all the mailboxes we have on 5.5,
    >none of them have archived deleted items, while the handful that I've checked
    >on 2003 do.
    >
    >I've been trying to get this verified by Veritas tech support, but all I've
    >heard from them for weeks is the sound of crickets. Their support is really
    >bad.
    >
    >Have you figured anything out on this?

    Could either of you update me on which registry key this might be? As I have
    a customer who wants his Deleted Items to be archived, yet they dont.

    We're running EV 5.0 CP5, and Exchange 2000.

    Regards

    Ulf Thomas

  4. Re: Deleted Items folder is archiving

    ArchiveDeletedItems
    Location
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    \SOFTWARE
    \KVS
    \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

    Content
    DWORD

    0 - Items in the Deleted Items folder are not archived.

    1 - Items in the Deleted Items folder are archived.

    Description
    Controls whether items are archived from the Deleted Items folder.

    "Ulf Thomas Johansen" wrote:

    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>"EV News Group" wrote:
    >>>My deleted items folder in Outlook is being archived without the registry

    >>>key being set.
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>

    >>I've seen several of my mailboxes also being archived without the registry
    >>key. We run Exchange 5.5 and 2003, and I have noticed some differences

    >between
    >>the two. I have a theory that Exchange 5.5 does NOT archive deleted items
    >>by default, and Exchange 2003 does. Of all the mailboxes we have on 5.5,
    >>none of them have archived deleted items, while the handful that I've checked
    >>on 2003 do.
    >>
    >>I've been trying to get this verified by Veritas tech support, but all

    I've
    >>heard from them for weeks is the sound of crickets. Their support is really
    >>bad.
    >>
    >>Have you figured anything out on this?

    >Could either of you update me on which registry key this might be? As I

    have
    >a customer who wants his Deleted Items to be archived, yet they dont.
    >
    >We're running EV 5.0 CP5, and Exchange 2000.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Ulf Thomas

+ Reply to Thread