Restore shortcut when sending - Veritas

This is a discussion on Restore shortcut when sending - Veritas ; Is anyone aware of a client setting or reg setting that would restore an email shortcut when inserted in an Outlook email messages (Insert Item)? The users would like the shortcuts to be restored before the email is sent. ...

  1. Restore shortcut when sending

    Is anyone aware of a client setting or reg setting that would restore an email
    shortcut when inserted in an Outlook email messages (Insert Item)? The
    users would like the shortcuts to be restored before the email is sent.
    That way they do not have to be concern if the recipient has the correct
    permission or client when trying to open the .msg attachment. I have not
    been able to find a setting that would do this. The only option have come
    up with is to restore before inserting into the email. But that leave the
    restored item in the orginal folder or the Restore folder. I need it restored
    in the sent item only. Thanks

  2. Re: Restore shortcut when sending

    "S Lewis" wrote:

    >Is anyone aware of a client setting or reg setting that would restore an

    email
    >shortcut when inserted in an Outlook email messages (Insert Item)? The
    >users would like the shortcuts to be restored before the email is sent.

    >That way they do not have to be concern if the recipient has the correct
    >permission or client when trying to open the .msg attachment. I have not
    >been able to find a setting that would do this. The only option have come
    >up with is to restore before inserting into the email. But that leave the
    >restored item in the orginal folder or the Restore folder. I need it restored
    >in the sent item only. Thanks

    Nope, this isn't possible - though perhaps a gifted VBA coder could make
    a macro perhaps but I''ve not come across a way of doing this. I know it's
    annoying for the user but it seems like it's a case of educating the users.

+ Reply to Thread