No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar - Veritas

This is a discussion on No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar - Veritas ; I have the same problem I have uninstalled the KVS client and reinstalled, disabled and reenabled archiving, and checked the add in is not disabled. Cannot get the toolbar to appear....

  1. No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar

    I have the same problem
    I have uninstalled the KVS client and reinstalled, disabled and reenabled
    archiving, and checked the add in is not disabled.
    Cannot get the toolbar to appear.

  2. Re: No Icons on user's Outlook toolbar

    "Nigel" wrote:

    >I have the same problem
    >I have uninstalled the KVS client and reinstalled, disabled and reenabled
    >archiving, and checked the add in is not disabled.
    >Cannot get the toolbar to appear.

    Oh, almost my favourite subject, we've seen this constantly throughout our
    experience with OL98 to OL2003. I have to say since V5 the nicely packaged
    MSI addin works well and is very reliable with OL2003 but we do see this
    from time to time (across about 2000 clients). I've developed a nice check
    list to troubleshoot this and this should work in most instances & fix the
    problem....here goes.

    1) is mbx enabled: if not enable it, otherwise disable & then re-enable

    2) Look at EV log file in temp directory (increase logging) by setting logging
    level to (3 high) (the default is 2 see below for reg info on how to set
    this) the file you're looking for will look like this - ev_client_log_20050322083056.txt
    it may contain some usefull info.

    3) Repair the EV add-in (use add/remove programs & select the repair option)

    4) Remove add in from OL addin manager, then re-start OL and re-enable addin

    5) Delete extend.dat (this is used to cache add-in SW, search the user profile
    & delete this file OL will automatically re-create it)

    6) Create a new OL profile (remove all other OL profiles)

    7) Try user on another PC - proves if it's the user's own PC or not (unless
    roaming profiles are used in which case see the last item on this list)

    8) Logon onto the users PC with another account (again this can prove if
    it's a profile issue) if this works it also shows the add-in software is
    fine.

    9) Delete the user's Windows profile , if it's a roaming one it could be
    renamed on server and deleted on WS if it fixes the problem then the roaming
    one can be rebiuilt. Obviously something must be broken in the reg if this
    fixes the problem but I've not managed to find the cause for this yet....one
    day.....one day I'm sure I will.

    To turn on EV client SW logging to max edit the following key in the users
    current user section - set it to 3 as shown (the default will be 1)

    \Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client]"LoggingLevel"=dword:00000003

+ Reply to Thread