archive and retrieve services will not start - Veritas

This is a discussion on archive and retrieve services will not start - Veritas ; KVS 5 on w2k sp4 Archive and retrieve services crash with event id 3078 (cannot determine version of exchange server/cannot connect to computer) and 2256 (service could not be started due to startup errors). I can connect to the exchange ...

  1. archive and retrieve services will not start

    KVS 5 on w2k sp4

    Archive and retrieve services crash with event id 3078 (cannot determine
    version of exchange server/cannot connect to computer) and 2256 (service
    could not be started due to startup errors).

    I can connect to the exchange server via the kvs service account's Outlook
    profile.

    The services fail as soon as the directory service is started. If the directory
    service is running before the archive and retrieve services start, I see
    the following equally useful error popup on the screen:

    Could not start the enterprise vault archiving service for XXXX on Local
    Computer. The service did not return an error.This could be an internal Windows
    error or an internal service error. If the problem exists contact the systems
    administrator.

    The same events also appear in the event log.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    Mike Robinson.

  2. Re: archive and retrieve services will not start

    It's a Windows error not KVS one. Check if the InstallPath reg key is correct:
    HKLM\Software\KS\Enterprise Vault\Install

    Peter

    "Mike Robinson" wrote:

    >KVS 5 on w2k sp4
    >
    >Archive and retrieve services crash with event id 3078 (cannot determine
    >version of exchange server/cannot connect to computer) and 2256 (service
    >could not be started due to startup errors).
    >
    >I can connect to the exchange server via the kvs service account's Outlook
    >profile.
    >
    >The services fail as soon as the directory service is started. If the directory
    >service is running before the archive and retrieve services start, I see
    >the following equally useful error popup on the screen:
    >
    >Could not start the enterprise vault archiving service for XXXX on Local
    >Computer. The service did not return an error.This could be an internal

    Windows
    >error or an internal service error. If the problem exists contact the systems
    >administrator.
    >
    >The same events also appear in the event log.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Mike Robinson.

+ Reply to Thread