Search in all mailboxes inside vault ? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Search in all mailboxes inside vault ? - Veritas ; Does anyone know how to search in the hole vault in every mailboxes that exist, and do this in one search for a certain word in all mails?...

  1. Search in all mailboxes inside vault ?

    Does anyone know how to search in the hole vault in every mailboxes that exist,

    and do this in one search for a certain word in all mails?

  2. Re: Search in all mailboxes inside vault ?

    One way to do this:
    Use EVPM to give a certain account access to all vaults for all users.
    Do a browser searsh for a word and specify "All vault where have permissions"
    (Sorry if misquoting - dont have the image in front of me"

    Another way to do this (haven't tested this one so it's in theory):
    Create a maibox for the enterprise vault system account.
    Archive-enable this account.
    Log in as Enterprise Vault Account
    Start Outlook and do a browser searsh for a word and specify "All vault where
    have permissions"

    Nice seeing you in this newgroop by the way!
    /peter

    "Fredrik Björk" wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to search in the hole vault in every mailboxes that

    exist,

    >and do this in one search for a certain word in all mails?

  3. Re: Search in all mailboxes inside vault ?

    "Fredrik Björk" wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to search in the hole vault in every mailboxes that

    exist,

    >and do this in one search for a certain word in all mails?

    Ok, Here is my own answer in 4 steps after some resaerch:

    1, Make a Security Group in AD and there add the users that will be able
    to Search in the Vault
    (could be done temporarly, the users name will be logges in the Audit database
    if you konfig Audit Logging in Admin Console)

    2, Make an Schedule Task that runs:
    "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVPM.EXE" C:\Program Files\Enterprise
    Vault>evpm.exe -e exchangeserver -m systemmailbox -f "c:\program files\enterprise
    vault\evpm.ini"
    every week to add the permission for the securitygroup to all new
    mailboxes that has been added since last week

    4,Make the file EVPM.ini and add the following in that file:

    [Directory]
    DirectoryComputerName = xvault
    SiteName = vault site 1

    [VaultPermissions]
    VaultName = all
    AllowReadAccess = domain\securitygroupname

    After you have done this and add a user in the security Group above you kan
    then search in all mailboxex by select "All" in the top of the "http://vault/EnterpriseVault"
    site
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread