Backup Retrieval - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Retrieval - Veritas ; Hello, My Exchange Server (and backup server) has died! I need to retreive the mailboxes from backup tape. The backup was on Backup Exec Software. Please can you let me know the best process to retrieve this data? I have ...

  1. Backup Retrieval

    Hello,

    My Exchange Server (and backup server) has died!
    I need to retreive the mailboxes from backup tape.
    The backup was on Backup Exec Software.
    Please can you let me know the best process to retrieve this data?
    I have a different server with backup exec installed. Also I have another
    Exchange box.

    Any thoughts would be grately appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Peter.

  2. Re: Backup Retrieval

    HI Pete;

    to retrieve data from a tape are simple: before I go into details let me
    ask you this: your backups are full backup or incremental or differential
    backups..
    to retrieve data;

    from a full backup;
    load the tape on a server that has backup exe, open backup exec, go into
    devices right click on the name of the drive you have(example Compaq2)
    select inventory, this will run for a while depending how big is your
    data.
    after it finished,, right click on the name of the tape and select restore..
    this will give all the dates that you have on the tape.. select the files
    from which day you want restore.. then select redirect ..where you want
    this data to be restore..

    "Pete Ch" wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >My Exchange Server (and backup server) has died!
    >I need to retreive the mailboxes from backup tape.
    >The backup was on Backup Exec Software.
    >Please can you let me know the best process to retrieve this data?
    >I have a different server with backup exec installed. Also I have another
    >Exchange box.
    >
    >Any thoughts would be grately appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Peter.

  3. Re: Backup Retrieval

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have managed to restore the inbox ok but when the job tries to restore the
    sub-folders, I get an access-denied error :V-79-57344-33928.
    Any ideas would be very grateful.

    Peter.

    "Manny" wrote in message

    > HI Pete;
    >
    > to retrieve data from a tape are simple: before I go into details let me
    > ask you this: your backups are full backup or incremental or
    > differential
    > backups..
    > to retrieve data;
    >
    > from a full backup;
    > load the tape on a server that has backup exe, open backup exec, go into
    > devices right click on the name of the drive you have(example Compaq2)
    > select inventory, this will run for a while depending how big is your
    > data.
    > after it finished,, right click on the name of the tape and select
    > restore..
    > this will give all the dates that you have on the tape.. select the files
    > from which day you want restore.. then select redirect ..where you want
    > this data to be restore..
    >

    > "Pete Ch" wrote:
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>My Exchange Server (and backup server) has died!
    >>I need to retreive the mailboxes from backup tape.
    >>The backup was on Backup Exec Software.
    >>Please can you let me know the best process to retrieve this data?
    >>I have a different server with backup exec installed. Also I have another
    >>Exchange box.
    >>
    >>Any thoughts would be grately appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Peter.

+ Reply to Thread