Backup Exec Server Service "Starting" but never does - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Server Service "Starting" but never does - Veritas ; Hi, I have backup exec 10d with all patches applied running on W2003 server with all patches applied. The Backup Exec Server service is continually in a "starting" state. The job engine will not start because the server service doesn't ...

  1. Backup Exec Server Service "Starting" but never does

    Hi,

    I have backup exec 10d with all patches applied running on W2003 server with
    all patches applied. The Backup Exec Server service is continually in a "starting"
    state. The job engine will not start because the server service doesn't start.
    BE has been uninstalled and reinstalled and patched in the correct sequence.
    All BE files and registry entries were removed prior to the reinstall. This
    doesn't happen immediately after the reinstall, it was working fine for a
    period and then just started to happen again.

    The server is an AD domain controller and is an Operations Master. All services
    are set to logon as "Local System".

    I have talked to tech support and they can't seem to resolve this issue.
    Any clues/answers?

  2. Re: Backup Exec Server Service "Starting" but never does

    Same issue here. Previously could fool around with starting and stopping in
    various orders, but now can's change startup type and it is forever "starting".

    Ed

    "Tony" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have backup exec 10d with all patches applied running on W2003 server

    with
    >all patches applied. The Backup Exec Server service is continually in a

    "starting"
    >state. The job engine will not start because the server service doesn't

    start.
    >BE has been uninstalled and reinstalled and patched in the correct sequence.
    >All BE files and registry entries were removed prior to the reinstall. This
    >doesn't happen immediately after the reinstall, it was working fine for

    >period and then just started to happen again.
    >
    >The server is an AD domain controller and is an Operations Master. All services
    >are set to logon as "Local System".
    >
    >I have talked to tech support and they can't seem to resolve this issue.
    >Any clues/answers?

+ Reply to Thread