Can't find Tape Backup unit under Win 2000 with Backup MyPC - Veritas

This is a discussion on Can't find Tape Backup unit under Win 2000 with Backup MyPC - Veritas ; I recently upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows 2000. Under Windows 98SE my Conner 850 Tape unit (listed as QIC 3010 Tape drive) was located and driver installed with Backup MyPC. When I installed StompInc's Backup MyPC V 5.0 , ...

  1. Can't find Tape Backup unit under Win 2000 with Backup MyPC

    I recently upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows 2000. Under Windows 98SE
    my Conner 850 Tape unit (listed as QIC 3010 Tape drive) was located and
    driver
    installed with Backup MyPC. When I installed StompInc's Backup MyPC V 5.0 ,
    the drive
    was not found under Win 2000. What is causing this? What can I do to
    correct this?

    Thanks in Advance

    Sincerely,
    JEG

  2. Re: Can't find Tape Backup unit under Win 2000 with Backup MyPC

    Did you check the Backup MyPC hardware compatibility list? It's a link on
    this page -

    http://www.stompsoft.com/bump/bump-r..._j=subcat&_i=2

    I don't see Conner listed as a supported mfg.

    If you go into the Windows 2000 Device manager, is the drive listed; in
    other words, does Windows know the drive is there and Backup MyPC doesn't,
    or is it a case where neither one sees it?

    John

    ,
    > the drive
    > was not found under Win 2000. What is causing this? What can I do to
    > correct this?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > JEG