Backup keeps failing - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup keeps failing - Veritas ; Help please!! Can anyone explain why I am getting this message "A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent" when I try to run a local backup? The system is running Windows XP ...

  1. Backup keeps failing

    Help please!!

    Can anyone explain why I am getting this message "A communications failure
    has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent" when I
    try to run a local backup?

    The system is running Windows XP Pro SP1 with the BackupExec9/latest patch.
    I did at one time have Windows Remote Agent installed, have since
    uninstalled the Windows Server Remote Agent.

    Any/all suggestions are welcomed.

    Blair

  2. Re: Backup keeps failing

    Hi. I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for the problem yet?
    I'm very curious.

+ Reply to Thread