suggestions please - Veritas

This is a discussion on suggestions please - Veritas ; Help needed! I have four PCs, 2 x WinXP Pro, 1 x W2K Pro, 1 x W2K Server all networked together in a workgroup environment. What Veritas backup solution would best serve me in backing up these systems on a ...

  1. suggestions please

    Help needed!

    I have four PCs, 2 x WinXP Pro, 1 x W2K Pro, 1 x W2K Server all networked
    together in a workgroup environment.

    What Veritas backup solution would best serve me in backing up these systems
    on a daily basis. The W2K Server has an tape drive installed. Any/all
    suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

    Blair

  2. Re: suggestions please

    Mike,

    First of all, I would like to say thanks for the feedback. I currently have
    Backup Exec 9.0. Is that all the backup software I need to do a full
    (daily) backup on three workstations plus the server itself? If not, what
    other Veritas application(s) do I need?

    Blair
    "mike" wrote in message news:3e894c81@hronntp01....
    > Fro client backup there is Netbackup Professional but since you want to
    > backup a server and 3 workstations you should go for Backup Exec.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Blair Wilson" wrote in message
    > > Help needed!
    > >
    > > I have four PCs, 2 x WinXP Pro, 1 x W2K Pro, 1 x W2K Server all

    networked
    > > together in a workgroup environment.
    > >
    > > What Veritas backup solution would best serve me in backing up these

    > systems
    > > on a daily basis. The W2K Server has an tape drive installed. Any/all
    > > suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Blair

  3. Re: suggestions please

    > Help needed!
    >
    > I have four PCs, 2 x WinXP Pro, 1 x W2K Pro, 1 x W2K Server all networked
    > together in a workgroup environment.
    >
    > What Veritas backup solution would best serve me in backing up these

    systems
    > on a daily basis. The W2K Server has an tape drive installed. Any/all
    > suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Blair

  4. Re: suggestions please

    Blair,

    that is all you should need to backup the server and the 3 workstations.
    Remember to install the Remote Agent on the 3 workstations to be able to
    back them up, and if things have not changed since 8.x you do not need a
    license for backin up workstations but if you want to backup remote servers
    you need a license for the remote agent.

    > Mike,
    >
    > First of all, I would like to say thanks for the feedback. I currently

    have
    > Backup Exec 9.0. Is that all the backup software I need to do a full
    > (daily) backup on three workstations plus the server itself? If not, what
    > other Veritas application(s) do I need?
    >
    > Blair
    > "mike" wrote in message news:3e894c81@hronntp01....
    > > Fro client backup there is Netbackup Professional but since you want to
    > > backup a server and 3 workstations you should go for Backup Exec.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >
    > > "Blair Wilson" wrote in message
    > > > Help needed!
    > > >
    > > > I have four PCs, 2 x WinXP Pro, 1 x W2K Pro, 1 x W2K Server all

    > networked
    > > > together in a workgroup environment.
    > > >
    > > > What Veritas backup solution would best serve me in backing up these

    > > systems
    > > > on a daily basis. The W2K Server has an tape drive installed.

    Any/all
    > > > suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    > > >
    > > > Blair

  5. Re: suggestions please

    Mike,

    One more question. Is the remote agent for Windows workstations located on
    the BackupExec 9 CD?

    Blair
    > thanks alot :-)
    > "mike" wrote in message news:3e8980c7$1@hronntp01....
    > > Blair,
    > >
    > > that is all you should need to backup the server and the 3 workstations.
    > > Remember to install the Remote Agent on the 3 workstations to be able to
    > > back them up, and if things have not changed since 8.x you do not need a
    > > license for backin up workstations but if you want to backup remote

    > servers
    > > you need a license for the remote agent.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >
    > > "Blair Wilson" wrote in message
    > > > Mike,
    > > >
    > > > First of all, I would like to say thanks for the feedback. I currently

    > > have
    > > > Backup Exec 9.0. Is that all the backup software I need to do a full
    > > > (daily) backup on three workstations plus the server itself? If not,

    > what
    > > > other Veritas application(s) do I need?
    > > >
    > > > Blair

    > > > networked

    these

    > > Any/all

  6. Re: suggestions please

    Hi Blair,

    I don't know haven't used 9.0 but on previous version it was located on the
    CD.

    > Mike,
    >
    > One more question. Is the remote agent for Windows workstations located

    on
    > the BackupExec 9 CD?
    >
    > Blair
    > "Blair Wilson" wrote in message
    > > thanks alot :-)
    > > "mike" wrote in message news:3e8980c7$1@hronntp01....
    > > > Blair,
    > > >
    > > > that is all you should need to backup the server and the 3

    workstations.
    > > > Remember to install the Remote Agent on the 3 workstations to be able

    > > > back them up, and if things have not changed since 8.x you do not need

    > > > license for backin up workstations but if you want to backup remote

    > > servers
    > > > you need a license for the remote agent.
    > > >
    > > > Mike
    > > >
    > > > "Blair Wilson" wrote in message

    currently
    > > > have

    full

    not,
    > > what

    want

    > these
    > > > Any/all

  7. Re: suggestions please

    Yes the remote agent forwin svrs are on the disk. Thanks again.

    Blair

+ Reply to Thread