I'm using Backup Exec Desktop (BED) 4.61 under Windows 2000 SP3
(located on an NTFS partition) to back up a Windows 98 (first edition)
desktop (on a FAT32 partition) across a LAN. I am able to back up and
verify without error. However, file restore shows "Error closing file"
in the job report for every restored file. The restored files are, in
fact, OK.

Windows 98 is installed on a separate partition in the same PC that
has Windows 2000 and Backup Exec Desktop Edition 4.2 is installed
there. Files can be backed up, verified, and restored across the LAN
without error.

Is "Error closing file" a known problem? If so, what's the cause?

regards, Andy