Opinions on Backup Strategy using NAS - Veritas

This is a discussion on Opinions on Backup Strategy using NAS - Veritas ; Here's the basic setup. Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 on a Windows 2000 Powered NAS device. Remote agents on Servers to be backed up. Full backup on servers Friday evening. Differential backups run Sat-Thu Evening. Friday I have an archival copy ...

  1. Opinions on Backup Strategy using NAS

    Here's the basic setup. Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 on a Windows 2000 Powered
    NAS device. Remote agents on Servers to be backed up. Full backup on
    servers Friday evening. Differential backups run Sat-Thu Evening. Friday I
    have an archival copy backup to tape running on the backup folder that only
    moves the backup files .bkf and leaves the changer.cfg file thus not
    removing the Backup Folder 1 folder. So I always have the current week on
    the NAS in case of accidentally deleted/overwritten files.

    Do you follow my strategy? Can you foresee any problems? Am I missing a
    better way? Thanks.

  2. Re: Opinions on Backup Strategy using NAS

    "Eric Lasher" wrote:
    >Here's the basic setup. Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 on a Windows 2000 Powered
    >NAS device. Remote agents on Servers to be backed up. Full backup on
    >servers Friday evening. Differential backups run Sat-Thu Evening. Friday

    >have an archival copy backup to tape running on the backup folder that only
    >moves the backup files .bkf and leaves the changer.cfg file thus not
    >removing the Backup Folder 1 folder. So I always have the current week

    on
    >the NAS in case of accidentally deleted/overwritten files.
    >
    >Do you follow my strategy? Can you foresee any problems? Am I missing

    >better way? Thanks.

    Hello...i am trying to use a NAS drive that doesn't have 2000 as an operating
    system and i can't build a backup to disk folder with out it giving me errors.(offline)
    Telling me the folder it not there or moved or not enought permissions.
    I a have given it as much permissions as an administrator and i am using
    vErsion 9. Do you know if i can do this? or does BacExec not recognize
    (Snap) NAS drive? I don't want to keep waistingtime if it can't be done.
    Thank you very much for your help.

+ Reply to Thread