Backup Exec 4.5 Reports - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.5 Reports - Veritas ; I use Backup Exec 4.5 on a Win2000 machine. It's the version that came bundled with a Seagate backup drive. When I launch BackupExec then I can see the last few backup reports, as expected. However, I would like to ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.5 Reports

    I use Backup Exec 4.5 on a Win2000 machine. It's the
    version that came bundled with a Seagate backup drive.
    When I launch BackupExec then I can see the last few
    backup reports, as expected. However, I would like to
    process the backup report automatically. The problem
    is that the report file is only generated at the time when
    I ask BackupExec to display it.

    Is there a way or a tool to create the backup report
    without launching BackupExec first? After all, the information
    is all there - it just needs to be compiled!

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 Reports

    THere's an option that tells BE to save the BE report in a file.

    Unfortunately, it overwrites the file each time the same BE Job is run.
    However, you could rename the file with something meaningful and then
    process any way you wish.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    "Pegasus" wrote in message news:3e4ef061@hronntp01....
    > I use Backup Exec 4.5 on a Win2000 machine. It's the
    > version that came bundled with a Seagate backup drive.
    > When I launch BackupExec then I can see the last few
    > backup reports, as expected. However, I would like to
    > process the backup report automatically. The problem
    > is that the report file is only generated at the time when
    > I ask BackupExec to display it.
    >
    > Is there a way or a tool to create the backup report
    > without launching BackupExec first? After all, the information
    > is all there - it just needs to be compiled!

  3. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 Reports

    Thanks, I'll try it out.

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
    > THere's an option that tells BE to save the BE report in a file.
    >
    > Unfortunately, it overwrites the file each time the same BE Job is run.
    > However, you could rename the file with something meaningful and then
    > process any way you wish.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    > including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing;

    Standards;
    > Product functional/design/specifications
    > "Pegasus" wrote in message news:3e4ef061@hronntp01....
    > > I use Backup Exec 4.5 on a Win2000 machine. It's the
    > > version that came bundled with a Seagate backup drive.
    > > When I launch BackupExec then I can see the last few
    > > backup reports, as expected. However, I would like to
    > > process the backup report automatically. The problem
    > > is that the report file is only generated at the time when
    > > I ask BackupExec to display it.
    > >
    > > Is there a way or a tool to create the backup report
    > > without launching BackupExec first? After all, the information
    > > is all there - it just needs to be compiled!

+ Reply to Thread