Can someone point me in the direction to documentation for restoring a media
pool catalog?

I recently took over network administration duties and the previous fellow
did a hack job on our backup system. Now i have had to reinitialize our RMS
in Windows 2000, inventory the tapes in our autoloader, and reinstall
Veritas 8.5. I have a copy of our ntmsdata directory prior to doing any of
this. According to people in my office there are some extremely important
files backed up on these tapes. Therefore, I cannot "prepare" the tapes
since I need the data on them.

What do I need to do?

TIA