Re-using Media - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re-using Media - Veritas ; I am running Backup Exec for WinNT and W2K Ver 8.6o on a Win 2000 Advanced Server supporting an A.I.T. II changer. I need to stated reusing tapes that one year old or more but am not sure how this ...

  1. Re-using Media

    I am running Backup Exec for WinNT and W2K Ver 8.6o on a Win 2000 Advanced
    Server supporting an A.I.T. II changer. I need to stated reusing tapes that
    one year old or more but am not sure how this is done and would like some
    advice from anyone who has done this in the past.

    Joe Curtis
    jacurti@sandia.gov

  2. Re: Re-using Media

    When you reuse a tape, the best way is to re-initialize the tape.

    When you do that, BE will remove all entries in the catalog for files that
    were recorded on those tapes.
    It will be as if you had never used the tape.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    "Joe Curtis" wrote in message

    > I am running Backup Exec for WinNT and W2K Ver 8.6o on a Win 2000 Advanced
    > Server supporting an A.I.T. II changer. I need to stated reusing tapes

    that
    > one year old or more but am not sure how this is done and would like some
    > advice from anyone who has done this in the past.
    >
    > Joe Curtis
    > jacurti@sandia.gov

+ Reply to Thread