I'm backing up SQL tables via TCP/IP to a remote location using 8.x. The
backups seem to be working correctly but I can't verify the job manually.
(ie: open the bkf and look to make sure the SQL tables and there and
intact). I can't restore on the machine that is running SQL because the
tables are constantly being written to and I don't want to overwrite new
data with old. I just want to extract the bkf to another computer and view
the data so I can be sure it's getting backed up correctly. I've copied
the bkf file to another computer with 8.x installed and it doesn't let me
have access or restore for some reason. I'm sure there is a way to do this
I just can't find out how. Thanks in advance for any help.