Win2K PC freezes during Backup, Backup Exec version 4.62 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Win2K PC freezes during Backup, Backup Exec version 4.62 - Veritas ; The Win2K (SP2) PC freezes up, and has to be turned off in order to operate. It has a Seagate Travan STT20000N drive using Veritas Backup Exec 4.62 Build 100B75a. Drive is attached to an Adaptec 2940 controller. The IDE ...

  1. Win2K PC freezes during Backup, Backup Exec version 4.62

    The Win2K (SP2) PC freezes up, and has to be turned off in order to operate.
    It has a Seagate Travan STT20000N drive using Veritas Backup Exec 4.62 Build
    100B75a. Drive is attached to an Adaptec 2940 controller. The IDE hard
    drives are mirrored using a Promise FastTrak 100 TX2 controller.
    Any Ideas?

  2. Re: Win2K PC freezes during Backup, Backup Exec version 4.62

    during what part does it freeze?

    Chris

    "John Jepsen" wrote in message

    > The Win2K (SP2) PC freezes up, and has to be turned off in order to

    operate.
    > It has a Seagate Travan STT20000N drive using Veritas Backup Exec 4.62

    Build
    > 100B75a. Drive is attached to an Adaptec 2940 controller. The IDE hard
    > drives are mirrored using a Promise FastTrak 100 TX2 controller.
    > Any Ideas?

  3. Re: Win2K PC freezes during Backup, Backup Exec version 4.62

    Sometime during the backup job. The job is set to start at 11 PM.
    I have checked event logs and found no mention of any events taking place
    after 11 PM.

    John

    "Chris" wrote:
    >during what part does it freeze?
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"John Jepsen" wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Win2K (SP2) PC freezes up, and has to be turned off in order to

    >operate.
    >> It has a Seagate Travan STT20000N drive using Veritas Backup Exec 4.62

    >Build
    >> 100B75a. Drive is attached to an Adaptec 2940 controller. The IDE hard
    >> drives are mirrored using a Promise FastTrak 100 TX2 controller.
    >> Any Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread