running a batch file prior to backup event - Veritas

This is a discussion on running a batch file prior to backup event - Veritas ; Hello i'm looking for information regarding running a batch file prior to running a backup event. i am using backup exec 4.5a on windows 98se.. jeff...

  1. running a batch file prior to backup event

    Hello

    i'm looking for information regarding running a batch file prior to running
    a backup event. i am using backup exec 4.5a on windows 98se..

    jeff

  2. Re: running a batch file prior to backup event

    On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 02:30:54 +0000, Bidchka Combobulated:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=batch...UTF-8&oe=utf-8

    --
    Over and Out,
    CRH 8^)>

  3. Re: running a batch file prior to backup event

    hello there,

    i think i may not have been clear, what i want to do is have my veritas backup
    exec ver4.5a run the batch file ( i have my batch file done already )prior
    to running my scheduled backup event.. some files need to be closed prior
    to backup. can backup exec 4.5a do this ?

    thanks..

    "CRH" wrote:
    >On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 02:30:54 +0000, Bidchka Combobulated:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> i'm looking for information regarding running a batch file prior to running
    >> a backup event. i am using backup exec 4.5a on windows 98se..

    >http://www.google.com/search?q=batch...UTF-8&oe=utf-8
    >
    >--
    >Over and Out,
    >CRH 8^)>

  4. Re: running a batch file prior to backup event

    In news:3dc99619$1@hronntp01,
    Jeff Combobulated:
    > hello there,
    >
    > i think i may not have been clear, what i want to do is have my veritas
    > backup exec ver4.5a run the batch file ( i have my batch file done
    > already )prior to running my scheduled backup event.. some files need to
    > be closed prior to backup. can backup exec 4.5a do this ?
    >
    > thanks..

    Hmmm.......... Maybe "BECOM - Command Line utility for Backup Exec 4.5"
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232435.htm will help.

    --
    Ciao,
    CRH 8^)>