Windows 2000 reinstallation - Veritas

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 reinstallation - Veritas ; Greetings, Backup Exec used to run perfectly on my standa-alone PC. I had to reinstall Windows 2000, and now when I try to run Exec Backup I get the message SHW32.DLL could not be found. Unfortunately, I do not have ...

  1. Windows 2000 reinstallation

    Greetings,

    Backup Exec used to run perfectly on my standa-alone PC. I had to reinstall
    Windows 2000, and now when I try to run Exec Backup I get the message SHW32.DLL
    could not be found. Unfortunately, I do not have a CD with the software:
    it came pre-installed on this PC.

    I've got a folder name DR under Veritas Software\Backup Ex that has a file
    named SHW32.dl_, so can I simply copy/rename this file? It looks like input
    to a "setup" process, but I don't see any exe files such as 'Install" or
    "setup" within the various folders under Backup Exec.

    Any comments/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

  2. Re: Windows 2000 reinstallation

    In news:3dc6adc3$1@hronntp01,
    Mark Isaacs Combobulated:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Backup Exec used to run perfectly on my standa-alone PC. I had to
    > reinstall Windows 2000, and now when I try to run Exec Backup I get the
    > message SHW32.DLL could not be found. Unfortunately, I do not have a CD
    > with the software: it came pre-installed on this PC.
    >
    > I've got a folder name DR under Veritas Software\Backup Ex that has a file
    > named SHW32.dl_, so can I simply copy/rename this file? It looks like
    > input to a "setup" process, but I don't see any exe files such as
    > 'Install" or "setup" within the various folders under Backup Exec.
    >
    > Any comments/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    If it came pre-installed it should be on a "recovery CD" or some such CD
    that came with your computer - or maybe on a "recovery partition". ???

    --
    Ciao,
    CRH 8^)>

+ Reply to Thread