C++ Runtime Error - Veritas

This is a discussion on C++ Runtime Error - Veritas ; Got BE Desktop 4.81. When I try and run the program or when the backup starts as part of the automated/scheduled backup, an error message is shows about the Microsoft Visual C++ library: Microsoft Visual C++ Library Program ...c:\program files\.....\bewin32.exe ...

  1. C++ Runtime Error

    Got BE Desktop 4.81. When I try and run the program or when the backup starts
    as part of the automated/scheduled backup, an error message is shows about
    the Microsoft Visual C++ library:

    Microsoft Visual C++ Library

    Program ...c:\program files\.....\bewin32.exe

    abnormal program termination

    Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: C++ Runtime Error

    On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:11:06 +0000, Mark Walsh Combobulated:

    > Got BE Desktop 4.81. When I try and run the program or when the backup starts
    > as part of the automated/scheduled backup, an error message is shows about
    > the Microsoft Visual C++ library:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Library
    >
    > Program ...c:\program files\.....\bewin32.exe
    >
    > abnormal program termination
    >
    > Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

    Uninstall. Reinstall. That's what I would do.

    --
    Over and Out,
    CRH 8^)>

  3. Re: C++ Runtime Error

    Reinstalled BE, first time the backup is due to start as a scheduled job,
    it crashes with the same error. Are there any patches to upgrade/repair
    the c++ library?

    "CRH" wrote:
    >On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:11:06 +0000, Mark Walsh Combobulated:
    >

    >> Got BE Desktop 4.81. When I try and run the program or when the backup

    starts
    >> as part of the automated/scheduled backup, an error message is shows about
    >> the Microsoft Visual C++ library:
    >>
    >> Microsoft Visual C++ Library
    >>
    >> Program ...c:\program files\.....\bewin32.exe
    >>
    >> abnormal program termination
    >>
    >> Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

    >Uninstall. Reinstall. That's what I would do.
    >
    >--
    >Over and Out,
    >CRH 8^)>

  4. Re: C++ Runtime Error

    It's unlikely to be a C++ library problem.

    I never use the scheduler, so I've not seen the problem.

    Can you run a backup without the scheduler?

    Could just be a bug in BUMP talking to the Scheduler.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    "Mark Walsh" wrote in message

    > Reinstalled BE, first time the backup is due to start as a scheduled job,
    > it crashes with the same error. Are there any patches to upgrade/repair
    > the c++ library?
    >

    > "CRH" wrote:
    > >On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:11:06 +0000, Mark Walsh Combobulated:
    > >

    > >> Got BE Desktop 4.81. When I try and run the program or when the backup

    > starts
    > >> as part of the automated/scheduled backup, an error message is shows

    about
    > >> the Microsoft Visual C++ library:
    > >>
    > >> Microsoft Visual C++ Library
    > >>
    > >> Program ...c:\program files\.....\bewin32.exe
    > >>
    > >> abnormal program termination
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

    > >Uninstall. Reinstall. That's what I would do.
    > >
    > >--
    > >Over and Out,
    > >CRH 8^)>

  5. Re: C++ Runtime Error

    This error comes up when you try and run the program normally as well, it's
    not just when you use the scheduler.

    Mark

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >It's unlikely to be a C++ library problem.
    >
    >I never use the scheduler, so I've not seen the problem.
    >
    >Can you run a backup without the scheduler?
    >
    >Could just be a bug in BUMP talking to the Scheduler.
    >
    >--
    >http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    >including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    >Product functional/design/specifications
    >"Mark Walsh" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Reinstalled BE, first time the backup is due to start as a scheduled job,
    >> it crashes with the same error. Are there any patches to upgrade/repair
    >> the c++ library?
    >>

    >> "CRH" wrote:
    >> >On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:11:06 +0000, Mark Walsh Combobulated:

    >> starts

    >about

    >> >Uninstall. Reinstall. That's what I would do.
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >Over and Out,
    >> >CRH 8^)>

  6. Re: C++ Runtime Error

    Had to re-install windows on the desktop - same error is still coming up,
    however when I took SP3 off it seemed to behave a lot better - just an idea

    "Mark Walsh" wrote:

    >This error comes up when you try and run the program normally as well, it's
    >not just when you use the scheduler.
    >
    >Mark
    >
    >"Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >>It's unlikely to be a C++ library problem.
    >>
    >>I never use the scheduler, so I've not seen the problem.
    >>
    >>Can you run a backup without the scheduler?
    >>
    >>Could just be a bug in BUMP talking to the Scheduler.
    >>
    >>--
    >>http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    >>including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    >>Product functional/design/specifications
    >>"Mark Walsh" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Reinstalled BE, first time the backup is due to start as a scheduled

    job,
    >>> it crashes with the same error. Are there any patches to upgrade/repair
    >>> the c++ library?

    >>> starts

    >>about

+ Reply to Thread