Windows ME and Tandberg Tapedrive - Veritas

This is a discussion on Windows ME and Tandberg Tapedrive - Veritas ; Hi, I'm having trouble with windows me and a tandberg slr24 earlier know as slr6. The tape drive is shown in the Device Manager and the driver must be from backupexec because win me apperantly doesn't have one. Backupexec doesn't ...

  1. Windows ME and Tandberg Tapedrive

    Hi,

    I'm having trouble with windows me and a tandberg slr24 earlier know as
    slr6.
    The tape drive is shown in the Device Manager and the driver must be from
    backupexec because win me apperantly doesn't have one. Backupexec doesn't
    recognize the drive though. I know the drive isn't on the compatibility list
    but it worked once.

    Is anybody informed about an update for BackupExec, that may solve this
    problem? I have Version 4.5.

    thanx
    Marco

  2. Re: Windows ME and Tandberg Tapedrive

    You need to check the supported device list for version 4.5.

    However, easiest may be to check the supported device list for BUMP (BackUp
    My PC), which is the successor to BackUp Exc.
    I just upgraded from BE 4.5 to BUMP 4.81 this month with no problems.

    In Europe, you should check www.orlogix.com to buy BUMP.
    In the USA, check www.stopinc.com.

    I believe there are other suppliers elsewhere.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for Word macros,
    including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
    "Lauper" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm having trouble with windows me and a tandberg slr24 earlier know as
    > slr6.
    > The tape drive is shown in the Device Manager and the driver must be from
    > backupexec because win me apperantly doesn't have one. Backupexec doesn't
    > recognize the drive though. I know the drive isn't on the compatibility

    list
    > but it worked once.
    >
    > Is anybody informed about an update for BackupExec, that may solve this
    > problem? I have Version 4.5.
    >
    > thanx
    > Marco

+ Reply to Thread