07-04-23-02-0005 error - Veritas

This is a discussion on 07-04-23-02-0005 error - Veritas ; An unformatted region was detected on the media. (07-04-23-02-0005) I have been getting this error for some time when doing ANY backup. Anyone have ideas how to fix?? Thanx...

  1. 07-04-23-02-0005 error

    An unformatted region was detected on the media. (07-04-23-02-0005)

    I have been getting this error for some time when doing ANY backup.
    Anyone have ideas how to fix??

    Thanx

  2. Re: 07-04-23-02-0005 error

    Please answer the following questions:
    What version of backup are you using?
    What backup device(s) and firmware version(s) are you using?
    What OS are you using?
    If you are using a CD Burner, are you backing up directly to the device, or
    are you passing through packet writting software?
    Does it give you the error if you backup a small set of files using the
    backup to file option to your harddrive?

    The error reports that you have an "unformatted area on teh media" and it
    has reached the "end-of-data detected".
    If you have a scsi card you might want to also check termination.

    Chris

    "Makka" wrote in message

    > An unformatted region was detected on the media. (07-04-23-02-0005)
    >
    > I have been getting this error for some time when doing ANY backup.
    > Anyone have ideas how to fix??
    >
    > Thanx

+ Reply to Thread