Backup MyPC end-of-life? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup MyPC end-of-life? - Veritas ; Is this product considered to be part of an end-of-life product family? I have examined the Veritas website, and cannot get a clear answer. Also, Veritas has become very difficult to contact directly. Do you agree? I hesitate to sign ...

  1. Backup MyPC end-of-life?

    Is this product considered to be part of an end-of-life product family?

    I have examined the Veritas website, and cannot get a clear answer. Also,
    Veritas has become very difficult to contact directly. Do you agree?

    I hesitate to sign on with a product, despite my pleasure over the years
    with its predecessors, if all hints are that Veritas will not support me in
    my hour of need.

  2. Re: Backup MyPC end-of-life?

    All support for this product is conducted by Stomp and Softline now.

    Chris

    "John B" wrote in message news:3d540a0f$1@hronntp01....
    > Is this product considered to be part of an end-of-life product family?
    >
    > I have examined the Veritas website, and cannot get a clear answer. Also,
    > Veritas has become very difficult to contact directly. Do you agree?
    >
    > I hesitate to sign on with a product, despite my pleasure over the years
    > with its predecessors, if all hints are that Veritas will not support me

    in
    > my hour of need.

  3. Re: Backup MyPC end-of-life?

    Can you advise on where I might look for a list of all tape drive hardware
    that is compatible with the BackupMyPC software?
    I've looked in the other direction without success. That is, I am
    considering an HP DAT40i drive, and I cannot find a list of compatible
    backup applications on the HP website. They offer a "software compatiblity
    list," but that list should really be called an "operating system
    compatibility list," as it lists only OSes, not applications.
    Thanks,
    John

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3d5422cf$1@hronntp01....
    > All support for this product is conducted by Stomp and Softline now.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "John B" wrote in message news:3d540a0f$1@hronntp01....
    > > Is this product considered to be part of an end-of-life product family?
    > >
    > > I have examined the Veritas website, and cannot get a clear answer.

    Also,
    > > Veritas has become very difficult to contact directly. Do you agree?
    > >
    > > I hesitate to sign on with a product, despite my pleasure over the years
    > > with its predecessors, if all hints are that Veritas will not support me

    > in
    > > my hour of need.

  4. Re: Backup MyPC end-of-life?

    On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 02:17:10 -0500, John B hyperbolated:

    > Can you advise on where I might look for a list of all tape drive hardware
    > that is compatible with the BackupMyPC software?
    > I've looked in the other direction without success. That is, I am
    > considering an HP DAT40i drive, and I cannot find a list of compatible
    > backup applications on the HP website. They offer a "software compatiblity
    > list," but that list should really be called an "operating system
    > compatibility list," as it lists only OSes, not applications.

    Look down toward bottom of page.
    http://www.stompinc.com/bump/bump-retail.phtml?stp
    --
    Over and Out,