Oracle problems - Veritas

This is a discussion on Oracle problems - Veritas ; I'm having trouble that Oracle 8.1.7 data tablespaces are not being seen by Veritas. I have ARCHIVELOG on and the database was recently restarted. What else should I look at to resolve this problem? I received the following in the ...

  1. Oracle problems

    I'm having trouble that Oracle 8.1.7 data tablespaces are not being seen by
    Veritas. I have ARCHIVELOG on and the database was recently restarted.
    What else should I look at to resolve this problem? I received the
    following in the activity log:

    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ADMIN and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ARCH and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ARCHIDX and its
    subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \HOST and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \INDEXES and its
    subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \INV and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ORD and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \PPSDBA1 and its
    subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \RBS and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \SYSTEM and its
    subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \TEMP and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory \USERS and its subdirectories.

    Thanks,

    Ed Lorden
    Sr. Software Engineer/Oracle DBA
    Express Scripts, Inc.
    elorden@express-scripts.com

  2. Re: Oracle problems

    I'm hoping you're using something besides Backup MyPC to do this. So in that
    case you'd have the wrong NG.

    chris

    "Ed Lorden" wrote in message
    > I'm having trouble that Oracle 8.1.7 data tablespaces are not being seen

    by
    > Veritas. I have ARCHIVELOG on and the database was recently restarted.
    > What else should I look at to resolve this problem? I received the
    > following in the activity log:
    >
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ADMIN and its

    subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ARCH and its

    subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ARCHIDX and its
    > subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \HOST and its

    subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \INDEXES and its
    > subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \INV and its subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \ORD and its subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \PPSDBA1 and its
    > subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \RBS and its subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \SYSTEM and its
    > subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \TEMP and its

    subdirectories.
    > Directory not found. Can not backup directory \USERS and its

    subdirectories.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ed Lorden
    > Sr. Software Engineer/Oracle DBA