MyPC scheduled backup hangs - Veritas

This is a discussion on MyPC scheduled backup hangs - Veritas ; NT4.0 SP 6a. The following error "Unable to allocate a shared system resource (drvncdb.sys). This may cause some backup devices to be undetected or unavailable. Try shutting down the other apps(drive letter access) to continue" occurs on a nightly scheduled ...

  1. MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    NT4.0 SP 6a. The following error "Unable to allocate a shared system resource
    (drvncdb.sys). This may cause some backup devices to be undetected or unavailable.
    Try shutting down the other apps(drive letter access) to continue" occurs
    on a nightly scheduled backup to tape. Once the error is acknowledged, the
    backup occurs. Haven't the slightest what is causing this problem. I'm
    unaware of any shared resource which could be causing the problem. Any ideas
    would be appreciated.

  2. Re: MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    What is your backup device?
    What recording software do you have on your system?

    Chris

    "Larry Mohr" wrote in message

    > NT4.0 SP 6a. The following error "Unable to allocate a shared system

    resource
    > (drvncdb.sys). This may cause some backup devices to be undetected or

    unavailable.
    > Try shutting down the other apps(drive letter access) to continue" occurs
    > on a nightly scheduled backup to tape. Once the error is acknowledged,

    the
    > backup occurs. Haven't the slightest what is causing this problem. I'm
    > unaware of any shared resource which could be causing the problem. Any

    ideas
    > would be appreciated.

  3. Re: MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    Chris: Backup Software is Veritas Backup MYPC. Backup Devices are HP DAT
    Tape, and a CR/RW Drive.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >What is your backup device?
    >What recording software do you have on your system?
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"Larry Mohr" wrote in message
    >>
    >> NT4.0 SP 6a. The following error "Unable to allocate a shared system

    >resource
    >> (drvncdb.sys). This may cause some backup devices to be undetected or

    >unavailable.
    >> Try shutting down the other apps(drive letter access) to continue" occurs
    >> on a nightly scheduled backup to tape. Once the error is acknowledged,

    >the
    >> backup occurs. Haven't the slightest what is causing this problem. I'm
    >> unaware of any shared resource which could be causing the problem. Any

    >ideas
    >> would be appreciated.

  4. Re: MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    do you have DLA installed on the computer? Might have come with your CD-R/W
    drive.

    chris

    "Larry Mohr" wrote in message

    > Chris: Backup Software is Veritas Backup MYPC. Backup Devices are HP DAT
    > Tape, and a CR/RW Drive.
    >
    > "Chris" wrote:
    > >What is your backup device?
    > >What recording software do you have on your system?
    > >
    > >Chris
    > >

    > >"Larry Mohr" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> NT4.0 SP 6a. The following error "Unable to allocate a shared system

    > >resource
    > >> (drvncdb.sys). This may cause some backup devices to be undetected or

    > >unavailable.
    > >> Try shutting down the other apps(drive letter access) to continue"

    occurs
    > >> on a nightly scheduled backup to tape. Once the error is acknowledged,

    > >the
    > >> backup occurs. Haven't the slightest what is causing this problem.

    I'm
    > >> unaware of any shared resource which could be causing the problem. Any

    > >ideas
    > >> would be appreciated.

  5. Re: MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    Sorry Chris, what's DLA?

    "Chris" wrote:
    >do you have DLA installed on the computer? Might have come with your CD-R/W
    >drive.
    >
    >chris
    >

    >"Larry Mohr" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Chris: Backup Software is Veritas Backup MYPC. Backup Devices are HP

    DAT
    >> Tape, and a CR/RW Drive.
    >>
    >> "Chris" wrote:
    >> >What is your backup device?
    >> >What recording software do you have on your system?
    >> >
    >> >Chris
    >> >

    >> >"Larry Mohr" wrote in message

    >> >resource

    or
    >> >unavailable.

    >occurs
    >> >the

    >I'm

    Any
    >> >ideas

  6. Re: MyPC scheduled backup hangs

    "Drive Letter Access" This program allows you to drag and drop files onto
    your CD-R/W disc and treat it as a large "floppy disk".

    chris

    "Larry Mohr" wrote in message

    > Sorry Chris, what's DLA?
    >
    > "Chris" wrote:
    > >do you have DLA installed on the computer? Might have come with your

    CD-R/W
    > >drive.
    > >
    > >chris
    > >

    > >"Larry Mohr" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Chris: Backup Software is Veritas Backup MYPC. Backup Devices are HP

    > DAT
    > >> Tape, and a CR/RW Drive.

    system

    > or