SGTRAY ERROR - Veritas

This is a discussion on SGTRAY ERROR - Veritas ; I installed desktop ver. 4.61. I installed all of it. I then uninstalled the safeguard portion. Now, when I reboot, I always get an SGTRAY error on startup. It says "an error occured while trying to open pconfig." I've tried ...

  1. SGTRAY ERROR

    I installed desktop ver. 4.61. I installed all of it. I then uninstalled
    the safeguard portion. Now, when I reboot, I always get an SGTRAY error
    on startup. It says "an error occured while trying to open pconfig." I've
    tried to reinstall it. Uninstall all of the backup exec software. But this
    error will not clear.
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: SGTRAY ERROR

    how did you un-install? did you just delete the folder or did you run the
    un-install?

    Chris

    "Tom Beinborn" wrote in message

    > I installed desktop ver. 4.61. I installed all of it. I then uninstalled
    > the safeguard portion. Now, when I reboot, I always get an SGTRAY error
    > on startup. It says "an error occured while trying to open pconfig."

    I've
    > tried to reinstall it. Uninstall all of the backup exec software. But

    this
    > error will not clear.
    > Any ideas?

  3. Re: SGTRAY ERROR

    I used the unistall safeguard program. Then after the reboot, is when the
    error appeared.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >how did you un-install? did you just delete the folder or did you run the
    >un-install?
    >
    >Chris
    >
    >"Tom Beinborn" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I installed desktop ver. 4.61. I installed all of it. I then uninstalled
    >> the safeguard portion. Now, when I reboot, I always get an SGTRAY error
    >> on startup. It says "an error occured while trying to open pconfig."

    >I've
    >> tried to reinstall it. Uninstall all of the backup exec software. But

    >this
    >> error will not clear.
    >> Any ideas?

  4. Re: SGTRAY ERROR

    what os are you running?

    > I used the unistall safeguard program. Then after the reboot, is when the
    > error appeared.
    >
    > "Chris" wrote:
    > >how did you un-install? did you just delete the folder or did you run the
    > >un-install?
    > >
    > >Chris
    > >
    > >"Tom Beinborn" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I installed desktop ver. 4.61. I installed all of it. I then

    uninstalled
    > >> the safeguard portion. Now, when I reboot, I always get an SGTRAY

    error
    > >> on startup. It says "an error occured while trying to open pconfig."

    > >I've
    > >> tried to reinstall it. Uninstall all of the backup exec software. But

    > >this
    > >> error will not clear.
    > >> Any ideas?

  5. Re: SGTRAY ERROR

    Win 2000
    "Chris" wrote:
    >what os are you running?
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"Tom Beinborn" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I used the unistall safeguard program. Then after the reboot, is when

    the
    >> error appeared.
    >>
    >> "Chris" wrote:
    >> >how did you un-install? did you just delete the folder or did you run

    the
    >> >un-install?
    >> >
    >> >Chris
    >> >
    >> >"Tom Beinborn" wrote in message

    >uninstalled

    >error
    >> >I've

    But
    >> >this

  6. Re: SGTRAY ERROR

    goto Start->Run and type regedit.
    goto this key:
    hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\curr entversion\run
    look for the hey that has sgtray.exe in it, and delete it.

    that will stop it from running.

    > Win 2000
    > "Chris" wrote:
    > >what os are you running?
    > >
    > >Chris
    > >

    > >"Tom Beinborn" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I used the unistall safeguard program. Then after the reboot, is when

    > the
    > >> error appeared.

    > the

    > >uninstalled