Renaming Media - Veritas

This is a discussion on Renaming Media - Veritas ; I have Veritas BackupExec 4.2.1 Desktop software. I want to rename a tape in my Seagate STT8000A tape drive, but in Media of the Tools menu does not have this option. I searched the Veritas Knowledge Base, but it just ...

  1. Renaming Media

    I have Veritas BackupExec 4.2.1 Desktop software. I want to rename a tape
    in my Seagate STT8000A tape drive, but in Media of the Tools menu does not
    have this option. I searched the Veritas Knowledge Base, but it just says
    that some of these options, such as format and rename, don't appear for specific
    devices.

    Does this mean that a tape cannot be renamed? If I reinitialize the tape,
    will I be given the option to rename the tape?

    I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

  2. Re: Renaming Media

    goto the options button and select the naming scheme you want. Then
    initalize the tape.

    Chris

    "Barbara Cook" wrote in message

    > I have Veritas BackupExec 4.2.1 Desktop software. I want to rename a tape
    > in my Seagate STT8000A tape drive, but in Media of the Tools menu does not
    > have this option. I searched the Veritas Knowledge Base, but it just says
    > that some of these options, such as format and rename, don't appear for

    specific
    > devices.
    >
    > Does this mean that a tape cannot be renamed? If I reinitialize the tape,
    > will I be given the option to rename the tape?
    >
    > I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread