differential backup - Veritas

This is a discussion on differential backup - Veritas ; The version of backup exec that came bundled with my seagate tape drive treats a differential backup the same as an incremental. The differential option on my software clears the archive bit on the files it backs up just as ...

  1. differential backup

    The version of backup exec that came bundled with my seagate tape drive treats
    a differential backup the same as an incremental. The differential option
    on my software clears the archive bit on the files it backs up just as the
    incremental does. Consequently, the next time a differential is run the
    changed and new files it backed up before are not included.

    The full backup option seems to work ok.

    Anybody else had this problem. Seagate is having a difficult time understanding
    the problem.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: differential backup

    upgrading to 4.81 will fix this.

    Chris

    "scott blackburn" wrote in message

    > The version of backup exec that came bundled with my seagate tape drive

    treats
    > a differential backup the same as an incremental. The differential option
    > on my software clears the archive bit on the files it backs up just as the
    > incremental does. Consequently, the next time a differential is run the
    > changed and new files it backed up before are not included.
    >
    > The full backup option seems to work ok.
    >
    > Anybody else had this problem. Seagate is having a difficult time

    understanding
    > the problem.
    >
    > Thank you.

  3. Re: differential backup

    Thanks Chris, I thought there was probably an easy fix.

    Scott

    "Chris" wrote:
    >upgrading to 4.81 will fix this.
    >
    >Chris
    >

    >"scott blackburn" wrote in message
    >>
    >> The version of backup exec that came bundled with my seagate tape drive

    >treats
    >> a differential backup the same as an incremental. The differential option
    >> on my software clears the archive bit on the files it backs up just as

    the
    >> incremental does. Consequently, the next time a differential is run the
    >> changed and new files it backed up before are not included.
    >>
    >> The full backup option seems to work ok.
    >>
    >> Anybody else had this problem. Seagate is having a difficult time

    >understanding
    >> the problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread