v4.61 - Error: filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect - Veritas

This is a discussion on v4.61 - Error: filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect - Veritas ; I run Backup Exec Desktop, v4.61 with Windows 2000 Pro. The following error message came up in the report of a backup I ran: "Error: C:\WINNT\? - error opening: the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect." How ...

  1. v4.61 - Error: filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect

    I run Backup Exec Desktop, v4.61 with Windows 2000 Pro. The following error
    message came up in the report of a backup I ran: "Error: C:\WINNT\? - error
    opening: the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect."
    How can I fix this? I can't find a file named C:\WINNT\? in Windows Explorer.
    Can anyone help?

  2. Re: v4.61 - Error: filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect

    I see this from time to time and just ignore it. I've deleted the file (it
    looks like a vertical bar in the file listing) but it seems to come back
    periodically. It may be a hidden file, but I have Explorer set to show all
    files.

    --
    John Bissell

    "Tom Webb" wrote in message

    > I run Backup Exec Desktop, v4.61 with Windows 2000 Pro. The following

    error
    > message came up in the report of a backup I ran: "Error: C:\WINNT\? -

    error
    > opening: the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is

    incorrect."
    > How can I fix this? I can't find a file named C:\WINNT\? in Windows

    Explorer.
    > Can anyone help?

+ Reply to Thread