I am using Stomp Backup MyPC 4.71 (build STP 100B82A).

OS is Windows Me, and the motherboard an SE440BX.

I was performing a full device backup on my C drive for my
"WINDOWS" and "Program Files" sub-directories to my Philips
Omniwriter 26 SCSI CD-RW drive. It seems to have completed the
backup set creation (10,144 files in 777,061,487 Bytes,
compression 1.45:1), but when it got to the stage to update
the media header, it locked up... or something. It stopped
updating the progress time (at 44 min., 19 sec.) and was
making numerous and almost constant accesses to my hard drive,
but nothing to the CD-RW drive. I repeated the back-up
operation 4 times, each time waiting from 30 minutes to an
hour for the media header to be updated, before pressing
CTRL-ALT-DEL and terminating the process (it did not respond
to the "CANCEL" button). The other active processes were as
follows:

Createcd50
Directcd
Dad 9
Monwow
Csnsm32
Poproxy
Navapw32
Systray
Csinject
Nprotect

I have performed this back-up operation before without any
problems, but this is the first time I have performed a full
back-up after performing differential back-ups since the first
full back-up sets were created.

Any idea as to what the problem might be?

Ralph
noluckschmuck@ev1.net