backing up non-mapped directories - Veritas

This is a discussion on backing up non-mapped directories - Veritas ; I have a customer with a small perr-to-peer network. some files on certain machine are highly sensitive and shouldn't be made generally available ie. mapped Can backup exec still backup files on a computer that has not mapped a directory ...

  1. backing up non-mapped directories

    I have a customer with a small perr-to-peer network. some files on certain
    machine are highly sensitive and shouldn't be made generally available ie.
    mapped

    Can backup exec still backup files on a computer that has not mapped a directory
    and\or share the contents of a particular subdirectory.

    Hope this makes sense ?

  2. Re: backing up non-mapped directories

    You have to share the folder, or the backup machine/user has to have Root
    access to the box (if it's NT based). You can password protect it though. If
    the documents are that sensitive, you should look into doing the backup
    locally. For the highest security, buy anouther drive and another copy of
    BUMP and do it all locally.

    Chris

    "Jorg Gelz" wrote in message

    > I have a customer with a small perr-to-peer network. some files on certain
    > machine are highly sensitive and shouldn't be made generally available ie.
    > mapped
    >
    > Can backup exec still backup files on a computer that has not mapped a

    directory
    > and\or share the contents of a particular subdirectory.
    >
    > Hope this makes sense ?

+ Reply to Thread