We are using Veritas BackupExec desktop with a seagate TR4 IDE tape drive.
Roughly every 3 days, the software starts reporting 'device not found' when
trying to run a backup. The tape drive still shows up in device manager,
and rebooting the PC always seems to solve the problem, but this is very
annoying since we rely on this drive to backup our network and having daily
backups is critical. Has anyone else seen this problem or have a fix? It
started when we had to replace the drive with an identical drive. I have
booted in safe mode, where 2 tapedrives were listed in device manager,
rebooted, and let it redetect the new drive.

Thanks,
Brian Cox